Another Idaho Guy

kcebcj

Hello everyone. I made a couple post before introducing myself as I had overlooked this portion of the forum because I could not stop reading all the good stuff about long range shooting. I'm a retired general contractor born and raised in California. Moved to Idaho in 1991 and retired in 2003. I now live on a small ranch in west central Idaho that backs up to the Hells Canyon National Recreational Area. This country here is perfect for long range hunting with big canyons and open south facing slopes. I have been a backpack hunter most all my hunting life chasing blacktails when I was young all over the California coast range and in my early 20's hunted mule deer for the first time in Utah. I got totally hooked on mule deer hunting and the high country. There are a lot of elk here and I collect a bull every year for meat but my passion is those big muleys and that's why I'm here to learn how to shoot just a little farther with confidence.

Great forum and thanks to all of you fellas who share your shooting knowledge. I do appreciate that.

Jim

hey, thats cool, where do you live exactly? I know hells canyon is kind of extensive but its sounding like you may be close. What units do you hunt?

Welcome aboard!

Those big muleys burn into the ole brain and stick there solid.

I'm usually a meat hunter but I saw a buck last year that made the ol' heart thump.

Hey screech

Live and hunt in unit 13. Only can draw a mule deer tag every other year so in the off years will drag the horses down and hunt unit 22 but have not for a couple of years now. I live about 2 miles as the crow flies from the Snake River in the Indian Creek drainage almost due west from Whitebird.

Thanks royinidaho for the welcome and I know all about the "heart" thumpin. I always seem to get a touch of it every couple years.

Jim, very glad to have you here. And Roy needed another neighbor anyway.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.