Another Hoosier

esshup

Just a little Hello.

I'd like to thank everybody here for making this place so great. I can't believe the wealth of information that's here. I've been lurking for the past few weeks, just reading durn near everything from the past few months. My butt is getting flat from sitting for so long!:D

I found this place during my search for a flat shooting rifle for an upcoming Wyoming hunt. After reading the posts, I realize how little I know about long range shooting.:eek: But, with your help, I'm sure to improve a bunch!
With Kirby's help I've narrowed it down to 3 calibers, 7mm, 30 and 338 - all AM's, but I'm bogged down at that point. I am leaning towards the 7mm, but nothing is etched in stone. Hopefully we'll pull tags for Wy. this year - Mulies and Antelope. Elk will be the target for next year. We've been purchasing preference points since they started, so we're pretty confident we'll get the tags.

I'm lucky enough to own a piece of land that has a natural backstop so I can shoot out to 350 Yds, maybe 400 if I move the shooting bench closer to the road. A lot of people in the area shoot at their houses, but with the neighbors roughly 100 Yds to the sides, I don't want to wear out my welcome with shooting big stuff too much. So I'm having a .22LR built to practice with: Savage MKII Accutrigger, Lilja 28" 1-9" twist for shooting the Aguila 60 gr. SSS, Bushnell 3200 Elite 10 x 40 model 321040M to get me used to dialing for drop and windage.

Thanks guys (and gals?) It's back to reading.....

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.