Alternative Options

wvbearhunter

I am.a huge fan of 300 PRC and have a couple rifles chambered for it. A Zermatt and a Savage Elite. I have not fired the savage but am at around 500rds for the Zermatt. My problem is (I am a lefty btw) that I had shoulder surgery a few months ago and now find the magnum too unfortable to shoot. I am developing a flinch as a result. These are magnum receivers so my options are limited. What lower recoiling calibers are out there for these? Barrel swap for both are pretty easy. I have no issue with hot loaded 308 Win or even 45-70 recoil. I cannot really sell them locally as lefties are not in high demand.

I am.a huge fan of 300 PRC and have a couple rifles chambered for it. A Zermatt and a Savage Elite. I have not fired the savage but am at around 500rds for the Zermatt. My problem is (I am a lefty btw) that I had shoulder surgery a few months ago and now find the magnum too unfortable to shoot. I am developing a flinch as a result. These are magnum receivers so my options are limited. What lower recoiling calibers are out there for these? Barrel swap for both are pretty easy. I have no issue with hot loaded 308 Win or even 45-70 recoil. I cannot really sell them locally as lefties are not in high demand.
Do you have a muzzle brake on them? I have a Zermatt with Proof and Terminator T3 brake in .300 PRC, 6.5 PRC and 7mm mag. All are very pleasant to shoot. If you already have a brake and it's to much then 6.5 PRC would be great option IMO.

Last edited:

Recent Posts