Alex Wheeler 7 PRC Reamers

bamban

The Alex Wheeler reamers are now available through JGS. They were released today. The other one is a turned neck version. I did not copy it.

For comparison, here is my reamer that is in the WIP at JGS as we speak. The Alex reamer is articulated here by Jasmine.

"Lead time is 12-16 weeks and for high speed steel, and $210 (for the No Turn) I'll have to see how many are ordered with the turned neck before I can give pricing on it. "

Screenshot_20231024_161921_Samsung Notes.jpg
Screenshot_20231024_162057_Samsung Notes.jpg

We have the same leade angle, 1 degree. The transition angle, he maintained the 45, mine is 25.

Last edited:
The Alex Wheeler reamers are now available through JGS. They were released today. The other one is a turned neck version. I did not copy it.

For comparison, here is my reamer that is in the WIP at JGS as we speak. The Alex reamer is articulated here by Jasmine.

"Lead time is 12-16 weeks and for high speed steel, and $210 (for the No Turn) I'll have to see how many are ordered with the turned neck before I can give pricing on it. "

View attachment 504773View attachment 504774

We have the same leade angle, 1 degree. The transition angle, he maintained the 45, mine is 25.
Very INTERESTING!!!!
Now the wait begins.

Len, if you want to use my reamer for a project, you are welcome to borrow it.
Nez
Thanks a million. I am sure will talk about this while waiting for you to receive from JGS. I am a big 6.5 guy, but also love the 7mm. I have not got into the PRC cartridges as of yet, but I think that I need to catch up with what is working very well.
Thanks
Len & Jill

Nez
Thanks a million. I am sure will talk about this while waiting for you to receive from JGS. I am a big 6.5 guy, but also love the 7mm. I have not got into the PRC cartridges as of yet, but I think that I need to catch up with what is working very well.
Thanks
Len & Jill

I am sure we will. I should get mine by the end of the year.

The reamer print posted to compare is based on the 6.5 prc case. Look at the dimension differences in the datum line. Also the column on the right where it says basic brass- 6.5 prc. I think you are trying to compare his 7 prc drawing to yours which is what I copied, unless I’m missing something here….edit to add reamer print. Always struggle with attachments until I remember to just screen shot it

Attachments

• IMG_4132.jpeg
    IMG_4132.jpeg
    139 KB · Views: 155
The reamer print posted to compare is based on the 6.5 prc case. Look at the dimension differences in the datum line. Also the column on the right where it says basic brass- 6.5 prc. I think you are trying to compare his 7 prc drawing to yours which is what I copied, unless I’m missing something here….

I understand what you are saying. I read the print. All I wanted to highlight is the similarity of the 1 degree leade with mine. The naming convention was between Alex and JGS

That's the reamer print Jasmine released authorized by Alex. The Shooters forum have a discussion that Alex started

I think the First 1, is a modified 6.5 PRC,case to 7 MM bullet, for 1,000 yard Competition and the last ( 3rd one ) is, the 7 PRC "Elk Killer" ( Hornady design ).
Throat angles are HIS idea that, work,.. real "Well"
Not sure about, the 7PRC, NEZ design ( No turn neck ?? with His, throat angle ?? )

Last edited:
I understand what you are saying. I read the print. All I wanted to highlight is the similarity of the 1 degree leade with mine. The naming convention was between Alex and JGS

That's the reamer print Jasmine released authorized by Alex. The Shooters forum have a discussion that Alex started
Alex’s authorized 7 prc aw print has been out for a while now. The one that I guess came out today seems to based on the 6.5. You’re comparing prints for two different cartridges is all im saying, so highlighting similarities seems unnecessary.

Recent Posts