Alberta Rocky Mtn Bighorn Outfitters and Success Rates

GA Sheephunter

Who here has gone (or knows someone who has gone) on an outfitted bighorn hunt in Alberta, and what was the success rate in camp?

I recently priced an Alberta bighorn hunt with 2 different outfitters. 1 was $70K and one was $100K.

Heard of a guy on another forum who went with the $100K outfitter, and while he was there they went 1/6. They one guy's ram was 140" and they hiked 100 miles to get it on the last day.

Am familiar with the Canmore archery hunts, but more curious about the regular rifle hunts

Curious what folks on the LRH forum may know

I live in alberta and personally know most of the outfitters. If you have any questions just shoot me a message. Bighorns are tough, one outfitter can have terrible success one year. And his neighbor on the other side of the mountain can go 100%.

Who here has gone (or knows someone who has gone) on an outfitted bighorn hunt in Alberta, and what was the success rate in camp?

I recently priced an Alberta bighorn hunt with 2 different outfitters. 1 was $70K and one was $100K.

Heard of a guy on another forum who went with the $100K outfitter, and while he was there they went 1/6. They one guy's ram was 140" and they hiked 100 miles to get it on the last day.

Am familiar with the Canmore archery hunts, but more curious about the regular rifle hunts

Curious what folks on the LRH forum may know
Agreed man. I'm looking as well and have been told very similar. Pretty sure I know both outfits you're referring to and I've talked to both a few times. Will FOR SURE not be going with one after some stories from hunters that went with him.

I live in alberta and personally know most of the outfitters. If you have any questions just shoot me a message. Bighorns are tough, one outfitter can have terrible success one year. And his neighbor on the other side of the mountain can go 100%.
Love to hear your thoughts on a couple of outfitters for sure.