Advice for 6.5 PRC rifle

Has anyone had a bad experience with Seekins? How has the warranty been when you get a rifle that doesn't shoot well?

I have loaded and shot four different Seekins PH2's. Two were in 300 WM, one 300 PRC, one in 6 Creed. My friend is currently dealing with accuracy issues with his 300 WM. We tried many different loads, 3-4 different factory boxes of ammo spending hundreds of dollars and lots of time trying to get it to shoot. It was a clear 1.5 moa - 2 moa rifle. It was sent back under warranty to get checked out. I'll try to update upon its return.

I haven't seen much in regard to how well their warranty service is, so I figured that i would post here as an update All three of my rifles, the 300 WM, 300 PRC, and 6mm Creed were fairly easy to load for with whatever they are fed and they are legit 1/2 MOA rifles or better with some loads.

My friend is rightfully upset and we are hoping that Seekins doesn't treat him the way that some if the competition has been know to do (without naming names.). So far it has been just quick emails that weren't very personal and the rifle is being shipped back after a two week turnaround. They did not provide an explanation before shipping it back…

He will be fine. The few reports of those needing any warranty work were extremely happy with the outcome.

I recently bought a Seekins Element in 6.5 PRC. It shoots very well with several types of factory ammo. Nice to have that option as a backup if I don't feel like hand loading.

To the OP:
Seekins 100%

Last edited:
He will be fine. The few reports of those needing any warranty work were extremely happy with the outcome.

I recently bought a Seekins Element in 6.5 PRC. It shoots very well with several types of factory ammo. Nice to have that option as a backup if I don't feel like hand loading.

To the OP:
Seekins 100%
It sounds like they did some work to the chamber, new breach plug, lapped the barrel and some other things the customer service guy said would be on the paper work when I receive the gun from FedEx. I'm hoping it shoots! They said they did an accuracy test, and a function test and it passed on all of those. Fingers crossed!

My Bergara B14 Wilderness had a really rough chamber which made cycling the bolt/eject brass extremely difficult once the rifle heated up. Come to find out on this forum that it was more of a common problem than it should have been. Go Seekins.

We'll after muling over all of the different options, I ended making a purchase. I bought a Seekins PH2 6.5 PRC in the desert shadow camouflage option. I then purchased the Seekins ATC brake and 5 boxes of different bullets to see what bullet flavor tickles her fancy. I also sent an email asking Seekins about barrel break in and any recommended special cleaning procedures. I thought it was a little late in the day and that I'd hear back from them maybe over the next couple of weeks. Within 2 minutes I had a voicemail from a Seekins rep explaining their recommendations. He finished the voicemail by saying to call him anytime with any other questions I might have. That's outstanding customer service! I sent an email once to Sako and it took them 3-4 weeks to answer. I'm excited to see it when it comes in on Monday!

You've made a good choice.
Isn't the Bergara 6.5 PRC built on a short action? Yes I know that will work, but I've always wondered if the magazine box on those was too short for using VLD bullets etc. effectively ?? Just curious

You've made a good choice.
Isn't the Bergara 6.5 PRC built on a short action? Yes I know that will work, but I've always wondered if the magazine box on those was too short for using VLD bullets etc. effectively ?? Just curious
I do know the 6.5 Creedmoor DBM in the Bergara they use is way short on the freebore that is on the barrel. At the longest I could load in that mag and still allow it to cycle every round in the mag was at .100 off touching lands.

That's one of the reasons I went with the Seekins Havak PH2 6.5 PRC, was that it came with cartridge plus carbon fiber magazines.
From Seekins website:
Extended cartridge overall length (COAL) allowing up to 3.14" in 6.5 PRC, and 3.9" in 28 Nosler, .300 Win Mag, and 300 PRC.

The 6.5 CM uses pmags.

BTW, the Seekins representative said that there isn't any barrel break in procedure. He said to just shoot the hell out of it and enjoy it. As far as cleaning it was concerned, you can use any high quality cleaning product. He said the only thing he wouldn't recommend was the use of a brass bristle brush, but he stated that was his personal preference.
Thanks to all for the help and recommendations!

Has anyone had a bad experience with Seekins? How has the warranty been when you get a rifle that doesn't shoot well?

I have loaded and shot four different Seekins PH2's. Two were in 300 WM, one 300 PRC, one in 6 Creed. My friend is currently dealing with accuracy issues with his 300 WM. We tried many different loads, 3-4 different factory boxes of ammo spending hundreds of dollars and lots of time trying to get it to shoot. It was a clear 1.5 moa - 2 moa rifle. It was sent back under warranty to get checked out. I'll try to update upon its return.

I haven't seen much in regard to how well their warranty service is, so I figured that i would post here as an update All three of my rifles, the 300 WM, 300 PRC, and 6mm Creed were fairly easy to load for with whatever they are fed and they are legit 1/2 MOA rifles or better with some loads.

My friend is rightfully upset and we are hoping that Seekins doesn't treat him the way that some if the competition has been know to do (without naming names.). So far it has been just quick emails that weren't very personal and the rifle is being shipped back after a two week turnaround. They did not provide an explanation before shipping it back…
I had a Seekins in 300 WM I just couldn't get to shoot less than 1 MOA and they were happy to bring it in and look at it. They rebedded the stock, touched up the chamber with a new reamer and I can't remember what else but it was a long list. They called and asked what kind of suppressor I was using with it and they had one in their shop so he screwed one on and tested it. Called me back laughing and said he shot a .06" MOA group and couldn't ever reproduce it if he tried to. They sent the test target back with it. It still didn't like the bullets I wanted to use and I'm not a factory ammo guy so I sold it to someone who was and they loved it. I bought a PH2 in 300 PRC and it worked well for me.

I've had Seekins rifles in PH1's, PH2's and an Element and love them. If I can't get them to shoot, Seekins has never once hesitated to have me send it in for them to give it a work-over until it does. When one rifle couldn't strip bullets from the mag, they had me send the rifle in with dummy rounds and they custom-fit several mags for those rounds. Their customer service alone won me over.

This is the current accuracy of my Element in 6.5 PRC with handloads.

Attachments

• IMG_0028.jpeg
    IMG_0028.jpeg
    306 KB · Views: 27

Has a pretty significant issue with the barrel on an PH2 and customer service replaced the barrel and sent it back.

I think their customer service is well documented here. Despite a QC issue that never should have left the factory, you have to admit, we all make mistakes. It's how you handle your mistakes that defines you.

Last edited: