Ackleyized 6.5mm-08

Randy338

Can I build a shooter with this action and Stock in a Ackleyized 6.5mm-08...Or will this action be to short.I want it to be a repeater not a single shot....Maybe a HS drop box??

It is a remington 700 factory chambered in 6.8mm Rem SPC with a 24 inch barrel in a factory HS stock

Ackley improving a case doesen't make the OAL any longer and I'm sure that the Short action you have will work fine maybe some mods to the feed rails as I'm not to educated on that SPC case yet.
the 308 family case are all pretty effecient and ackley improving them in my oppinion realy doesen't offer enough benifit over the parrent case to warent the fireforming work envovled.
Their is a smith here that has his own desgine called a
260 Rouge , its a type of improved 260 (6.5-08) He just finished building me a 260 and I chose the 260 match chamber over the improved version just to simplify the reloading process , I can live with loosing 100 fps or so if it adds life to my barrel.
Give Nate a call or visit his web site and check out some of his work , his screen name here is 308Nate and he has a link to his site.

yep its an easy process especialy if your having the bolt trued anyway. The only thing that I would recomend is that you go ahead and have the Sako type extractor put it to. I've never had a Rem extractor break on my but I feel that the Sako type is much more robust and effective in the long run.

Dude your close Free Run is really north Yazoo County. Ever wanna shoot come on, and if you really wanna go long friends have a fine concrete bench about 1.5 hrs north it lines up with a safe shooting tree line at 1200 yrds set up with a lil angle you can get 1800 no problem.

At least your not the only one around here looking at what you know they say a "baby gun" You know that "if it aint a magnum 7mm or up it wont do" attitude. Anyway getting a 243 rebarreled in 260 REM for step daughter 13, be big enough that shell never outgrow it.

[email protected]

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts