8 most common AR failures

I invested in 1 of these for all 4 sized journals (.625, .750, 875 & .936). Never had any questions about alignments after that! I prefer the bottom screw type than clamp or pins for the ease of it. Now I just need to get someone to ream the gas ports so the problem children (barrels) will get back in line again. The 1st 2 6.5G I had were tight chambers and loosened up after 50-100 rounds. when going together with NEW parts there shouldn't ever be any question if they work, but some slip thru the cracks with qc. Diagnosing online can be difficult especially if the person doesn't have the tools necessary to answer/address the issue(s).
Thank you very much for this information!

This was my old 3 gun match AR dialed in for 62 and 69 gr. The flat spring feels mildly stiffer. At the time of the build the extra velocity sold me. I put in a slighty shorter round spring of 10.625 inch and a 2.9 buffer weight. I need to test now

Tubb Precision Flat Wire Buffer Springs. These springs are made from high-quality stainless steel and boast an impressive 500,000 cycle rating. The nature of their construction allows for the same power as “extra power” conventional springs, but they are lighter and made from higher quality materials that are not temperature sensitive. Tubbs also claims that their springs allow for a bit more pressure build as the bolt will stay locked longer, allowing for slightly higher velocities out of your rounds.

Last edited:
This was my old 3 gun match AR dialed in for 62 and 69 gr. The flat spring feel mildly stiffer. At the time of the build the extra velocity sold me. I put in a slighty shorter round spring of 10.625 inch and a 2.9 buffer weight. I need to test now

Next is the Tubb Precision Flat Wire Buffer Springs. These springs are made from high-quality stainless steel and boast an impressive 500,000 cycle rating. The nature of their construction allows for the same power as “extra power” conventional springs, but they are lighter and made from higher quality materials that are not temperature sensitive. Tubbs also claims that their springs allow for a bit more pressure build as the bolt will stay locked longer, allowing for slightly higher velocities out of your rounds.
Thanks for sharing this.