7mmSTW vs 7mm remington ultra mag

Here's an unbiased response: Both are barrel burners and there are better options IMO. A 7mm Remington Magnum will kill any game in North America. If you want something "unique" go with a 7 SAUM that's a very accurate caliber if you want a magnum.

Here's an unbiased response: Both are barrel burners and there are better options IMO. A 7mm Remington Magnum will kill any game in North America. If you want something "unique" go with a 7 SAUM that's a very accurate caliber if you want a magnum.
Did you read the thread title before posting your unbiased opinion ?

"7mmSTW vs 7mm remington ultra mag" was the question​

I feel sure if the OP was interested in a 7Mag he would have included that in his title

There is a small group that has done some extensive testing and there is another test going on this week, We have made almost every shot ( Including gut shots) on a lot of critters from 1800 pound Bull's to Rabbits and the results are always the same, The Hammer is a total game changer as it does the same thing every time no matter where or what it hits, The faster you push them the more spectacular the results, I assure you that they will not disappoint
I input everything in the barrel life calculator and it says as one would expect that with the powder im using in this 7RUM im going to get 971 shots out of this barrel which i had already researched quite a bit and seems about right but. What are these hammer hunters going to do for me and what weight do they make for the 7mm how much more speed am i going to get while staying right at 55000psi lighter bullet is going to go faster i understand that but at 1200yards?

I input everything in the barrel life calculator and it says as one would expect that with the powder im using in this 7RUM im going to get 971 shots out of this barrel which i had already researched quite a bit and seems about right but. What are these hammer hunters going to do for me and what weight do they make for the 7mm how much more speed am i going to get while staying right at 55000psi lighter bullet is going to go faster i understand that but at 1200yards?
Call Steve@ Hammer 406-261-0010 and tell him ButterBean sent you, Tell him what your goal is and he will tell you what you need, get that info and we will get you a load worked up

Call Steve@ Hammer 406-261-0010 and tell him ButterBean sent you, Tell him what your goal is and he will tell you what you need, get that info and we will get you a load worked up
Nice thanks im on my way into camp today so ill probably have to do this when I get out in two weeks but ill see if i cant pm you a short clip of some explosions because hey who doesn't want to blow •••• up right haha

The only experience I have is with a 7 STW. I'm at 3100 fps with roughly 80 gn of vv570 or 81 gn retumbo (if you can find it) behind a berger 195. My best advise is to carefully consider the action length because I've got some length issues that require me to seat the bullet deeper than I'd like to.

Im guessing quite a bit my current load is 168gr Berger VLD over 87gr of h1000 with federal 215 primers
With these type guns the vast majority are mainly looking for velocity.
The best way to find it is to look for that first when establishing a load.
No point to shoot 50 rounds in order to find it in 10 shots or maybe less.
Load just 1 round at the upper level of the recommended charge weight for the bullet and shoot it over a chronagraph.
Then 1 round in half grain increment increases all shot over the chronagraph.
No need even for a target or any particular distance, a dirt pile at 50’ works just fine.
First sign of even a slightly sticky bolt, STOP, and BACK UP.
You have just determined the max load for that powder/bullet for that gun by only firing a very few shots.
Now look for accuracy by tweeking the seating depth before moving on to a different combination using the same method.
Why have an ultra mag if your loading for a 7 Rem Mag?

Did you read the thread title before posting your unbiased opinion ?

"7mmSTW vs 7mm remington ultra mag" was the question​

I feel sure if the OP was interested in a 7Mag he would have included that in his title

Thanks for the known information. A worthless comment if you ask me that contributes noting.

Thanks for the known information. A worthless comment if you ask me that contributes noting.
I didn't see any rules that state the OP "owns" the thread but maybe I missed that one - perhaps Len can clarify. I noticed the OP didn't complain. I think it is likely that others besides the OP are considering the same question - perhaps some whose only 7mm is a RM, so your comments are another data point for them.