7mm STW on Shilen DGR action

Jason, good things take time, and your doing just fine. A couple of things need to come into focus. You need to get used to your new machine, the barrel need to break in a little, and you need to find your pet load, and yes, YOU need to settle in , and settle down. The gun and it's load will come to you, but you need to find the right load, and the right conditions, and yes, the conditions are a big thing. One step at a time, and each day at the range is always a learning experience, especially with a new rifle. Have fun, RELAX, and enjoy the ride!!!

Thanks for the support 7stw. Don't worry I'm not worried. I decided on a this thread because I thought the Shilen offering was unique and seemed worthwhile, but there is surprisingly little out there on it. I figured I would fix that. So, this thread will document this path to help someone who might be on the fence with the Shilen action.

The only 'frustration' I have now is that for storage reasons my reloading gear is packed away. It's killing me not to work up a hand load for this rifle.

Having this thread here is key since it is a 7stw build. I hope the brotherhood will keep me straight as I continue posting on this build.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts