7mm STW Brotherhood - For those who shoot the 7mm Shooting Times Westerner

IMG_3944.png

STW owner now. Anyone still staying current on this thread? I just picked one up and need help getting ammo and brass for it if any of you can help me on this issue. My first long range gun ever.

Blue
8 rem brass... just needs to be run through a 7stw die to get necked down

8 rem brass... just needs to be run through a 7stw die to get necked down
375 H@H brass... neck it down to 338, then 30, then run it through a 7stw fl die... fireform to size...
We shall see if peeps will take advantage of your heads up because it will not last.

We shall see if peeps will take advantage of your heads up because it will not last.
They've been on the site for a week or three already... I think some peeps really aren't laying in supply for some of the oddballs as they can't get lr primers cheap (or possibly don't want it on the charge card)... Loading for what they need and letting the rest sit for a spell.

They've been on the site for a week or three already... I think some peeps really aren't laying in supply for some of the oddballs as they can't get lr primers cheap (or possibly don't want it on the charge card)... Loading for what they need and letting the rest sit for a spell.
Oh well, you tried.

375 H@H brass... neck it down to 338, then 30, then run it through a 7stw fl die... fireform to size...
Lefty, that's a great find, and it's akin to fairy dust, and unicorn hooves. I recently saw some old yellow box WW .375 wm brass in a box of misc reloading supplies, probably 20 boxes. Estate sale. Their was some other stuff in I was interested in, I went back, it was gone. Sad thing is, the person who bought it probably bought it for what I wanted, and may never use the 375 brass.
I'll keep my ears and eyes open for it, and pass it along to folks here.

Guys, on a completely different, but forum related thing, I want to share a pic of a coffee mug, that my youngest son made for me ions ago, when this Forum 7stw, got off the ground. Some are still here, some are gone, but not forgotten, but I'll never forget when my son gave thus to me. I think Butterbean has seen it, but I want to share with everyone.
He made in school, in ceramics class.
Here goes.
17064890373032106962843749461271.jpg
17064890622865749802897295504550.jpg

Just wanted to take a minute to say thanks to everyone for helping get the 7mm STW together and all the pointers. Finally got the rifle together after a good gun smith cleaning and inspection etc. Had some minor work done to it and a new trigger to replace the factory questionable trigger at that time. After getting the scope Zeroed in I put a few rounds of Nosler 160 Accubonds through it and some older Federal premium 160's and 140 BTSP on paper. Rifle did what I expected and better with the Noslers. I think that will be my starting point for hand loads moving forward for this rifle. It shoots SubMOA if I do my part and eat something before shooting and not shaking lol. Thanks again.

Attachments

• IMG_5879.jpeg
    IMG_5879.jpeg
    290.5 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_5878.jpeg
    IMG_5878.jpeg
    271.8 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_5449.jpeg
    IMG_5449.jpeg
    192.8 KB · Views: 22
Just wanted to take a minute to say thanks to everyone for helping get the 7mm STW together and all the pointers. Finally got the rifle together after a good gun smith cleaning and inspection etc. Had some minor work done to it and a new trigger to replace the factory questionable trigger at that time. After getting the scope Zeroed in I put a few rounds of Nosler 160 Accubonds through it and some older Federal premium 160's and 140 BTSP on paper. Rifle did what I expected and better with the Noslers. I think that will be my starting point for hand loads moving forward for this rifle. It shoots SubMOA if I do my part and eat something before shooting and not shaking lol. Thanks again.
I think you've got a winner with ge 160's. I'm assuming factory. Great looking rig there bro. Gives me goosebumps. You won't be disappointed. 7stw just never stops amazing me, but does a amazing job stopping! You'll see. Congrats!

Congratulations buddy 👏 looks like it really likes the 160 AB's.
I was really surprised how it likes the 160 AB's. I'm going to try and get some factory 175's and see how it likes them and go from there. I think it's under .5 MOA if I do my part and that's all I was looking for in a hunting rig for Elk and Mule's and something to take to the range and bang steel with if I wanted.

Recent Posts