7mm stw brass

harleybug

Does anyone know we're I can get 7 set brass other than the 70 bucks for 25 from bolder that pretty steep.

I use Nosler brass... I haven't had a problem with it. It's good stuff. You wanna play, you gotta pay.

I posted the link several times during Thanksgiving time for the holidays when Midway had it on sale for $57 a box...But I guess nobody wanted to jump on it. :cool:

For that price I might as well build a 338 lapua

Go build one...Then you'll realize what the fuss is NOT about. Overrated caliber, and grossly overpriced ammo.

You want to complain about $67 a box, but you talk about a caliber that brass costs $66 a box? That makes a lot of sense...Especially when you factor in the 2x the amount of powder it consumes, and the more expensive bullets it requires.

Sure, you'll be money ahead with a Lapua... :rolleyes:

Nosler had box's and box's of blems on sale a short time ago for about $35. I'm guessing those are what we're seeing on Gunbroker for $60....

I can go buy a box of Papua right now for 70 bucks for 20 rounds and way more capability 70 bucks for 25 cases is rediculous

Does anyone know we're I can get 7 set brass other than the 70 bucks for 25 from bolder that pretty steep.

I have a wildcat 7 stw before the commercial came out. I just made my own out of 375 H&H brass about a buck piece these days

I have a wildcat 7 stw before the commercial came out. I just made my own out of 375 H&H brass about a buck piece these days

I've been telling these guys to use the h@h calibers for brass but they want the headstamp correct it seems. I've been using either 375h@h or real stw brass for better than a decade and it makes no difference. h@h brass is available for $1 each or less and it converts easily. a trip through a 338 or 30 cal die to bring the neck down then a trip through a fl stw die will get you in brass. A mild load to form the shoulder and you are golden.

That how u form it I'm a decent realoader but I've never formed cases from one caliber to another. So u use a 30 cal regular die than a full length stw die. Is there any other steps. I would really appreciate the help I can handle that price but almost 3 bucks a case is way to much.

That how u form it I'm a decent realoader but I've never formed cases from one caliber to another. So u use a 30 cal regular die than a full length stw die. Is there any other steps. I would really appreciate the help I can handle that price but almost 3 bucks a case is way to much.

I use either a 300win or 338win die with the shoulder set long (to stw dimensions) then I final form using my fl stw die and a mild load (start load) to blow out the shoulder. You will want to set your dies so the action is a bit stiff to get decent forming without a lot of stretch above the belt. You may also want to jamb the bullet into the lands for even more brass support. Be a bit generous with the lube; you'll get the feel after a few cases as to how much lube you really need.
I've done over 100 cases and some are still in use from my last rifle. I haven't done any lately as I got into a bunch of remmy 7stw brass the last time it was available. I do have some 375H@H cases that haven't been touched yet that will either go to my stw or 375 depending on who needs cases though.

Feel free to ask more on this if you want. I have done the pistol powder and baby cereal way to form cases too, but the mild load works much better for me and I get trigger time while I'm making brass.

Oh, don't forget to use an outside neck turner. I bought my 7STW wild cat from a F1 bench rest shooter so it came with a 28 inch Shilen SS barrel. Neck turning brings the group size down.

All 300 cases that came with it were 375 H&H So I also used a 300 win mag to bring it down to near my slightly different STW custom RCBS dies. I used full power 175 gr loads to fire form.

Then when they split the necks after many reloads I band saw them off for my 458 win mag and 458 X 2 inch Barnes American.

So I will take all split necks cases

Oh, don't forget to use an outside neck turner. I bought my 7STW wild cat from a F1 bench rest shooter so it came with a 28 inch Shilen SS barrel. Neck turning brings the group size down.
I've never needed one myself, but I'd check for clearance as turning could be needed...

I think I can handle doing this process. I know I can resize 8mm but I have not done any multiple step reloading before so I'll have to go slow I've only done 223 and 30-06 by just resizing the neck and seating the bullet so do u guys think this is to advanced for me. I would like to try it.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.