7mm RUM Brass - Remington or Nosler?

estrat

I haven't been in the reloading game for very long and am still learning. I want to load the most accurate loads I can to improve my field performance. What are the advantages of the Nosler brass over the Remington brass? Is it in the amount of time needed for case prep, more uniformed dimensions, or any other reasons?

Leaving the price factor aside, will I truly get better performance out of Nosler brass over Remington brass? Or can I accomplish the same performance with certain case prep methods?

I got enough shots out of a hundred 7rum rem brass to tire out my last 7rum (600 shots+). I then necked the brass to 30cal. and started using them in my 300rum. Half are still going and the ones that have failed have been neck cracks.

On the other hand, I had 100 virgin rem 7rum brass I didn't even bother to shoot also. I necked these to 30 cal, let them sit loaded for a few years, then re-necked them to 7rum when I buoght another 7rum. I lost nearly 20 of these just necking; I've never seen a loss rate that high. I say uniform and anneal the rem brass go with it. I'll likely be annealing my 7rum brass after the first firing.

With my 300 RUM I have seen the Nosler brass is softer, but very consistent and also has less capacity then its Rem counterpart. A lot less prep work and also burning a smidge less powder for same velocity using nosler brass. For max loads I would recommend Rem. For ease of prepping and lighter loads go Nosler I am getting 10-12 firings with medium loads using Nosler.

Reuben

I have not loaded that round, but in most situations I'd take other brass over Remington. I do have some Nosler for my 22-250, good stuff.

With my 300 RUM I have seen the Nosler brass is softer, but very consistent and also has less capacity then its Rem counterpart. A lot less prep work and also burning a smidge less powder for same velocity using nosler brass. For max loads I would recommend Rem. For ease of prepping and lighter loads go Nosler I am getting 10-12 firings with medium loads using Nosler.

Reuben

I had the same findings with nosler brass vs. rem brass. Same amount of powder in each one and I got higher velocity with the nosler brass but showed pressure signs way before rem. brass

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.