• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

7mm Remington mag go-no go gauge to rent

Stringstalker

I have a Remington action and a new carbon six remake barrel and need to rent a 7mm rem mag go-no go gauge set if anyone has one. I can order one from ptg but they cost about $70 and I'll only use it once…. If you got one I would be much appreciated to rent it from you for a few days. Thanks
Jade

You just need a belted magnum basic go gauge. 4D reamer rentals, and a few other reamer rental places will let you rent one. You should also be able to but one for cheaper than that. Also, you can use a piece of .004" shim stock on the back of a go gauge, and it makes it a no go, .008" would make it a field gauge. Good luck.

You just need a belted magnum basic go gauge. 4D reamer rentals, and a few other reamer rental places will let you rent one. You should also be able to but one for cheaper than that. Also, you can use a piece of .004" shim stock on the back of a go gauge, and it makes it a no go, .008" would make it a field gauge. Good luck.
Thanks. I've heard a piece of blue tape on the back will do it for no go. I'll give it a try. Thanks again.

3 layers of Scotch tape is .0045", I've used that method as well, if I don't have shim stock. 4 to 5 thousands is fine for a no go.

I have one you could borrow

Kasey
I'll take you up on it. Shouldn't take more than 1 day when I get it. I'm ready. I had the 28 nosler first but I didn't have great success. I bought those gauges. Used them once. If your letting me barrow them I'll pay you back for shipping. That is very nice of you. Thanks
Jade

I'll take you up on it. Shouldn't take more than 1 day when I get it. I'm ready. I had the 28 nosler first but I didn't have great success. I bought those gauges. Used them once. If your letting me barrow them I'll pay you back for shipping. That is very nice of you. Thanks
Jade
Do you still have the 28 nosler gauges? I might be interested. Thanks