7mm 160gr HPBT Sierra Gameking

LVJ76

Hi all, I have a couple boxes of these bullets, they're the old 160gr. HPBT, not and impressive BC but my max hunting distance is 600 yds so that wont matter much.

Sierra says they are a tough bullet and that they hold together pretty well, that they dont blow up on impact and penetrate well. Are these any good for hunting? They look like a tough bullet.

I have quite a few of other hunting bullets I preffer for my 7mm Rem Mag and my 7mm-08, but just curious if they are worth a try or just use them for practice.

TIA and stay safe.

Screenshot_20200411-114514.png

Hi all, I have a couple boxes of these bullets, they're the old 160gr. HPBT, not and impressive BC but my max hunting distance is 600 yds so that wont matter much.

Sierra says they are a tough bullet and that they hold together pretty well, that they dont blow up on impact and penetrate well. Are these any good for hunting? They look like a tough bullet.

I have quite a few of other hunting bullets I preffer for my 7mm Rem Mag and my 7mm-08, but just curious if they are worth a try or just use them for practice.

TIA and stay safe.

View attachment 186857
dam good bullet for the shorter ranges and shoot like matchkings most times

dam good bullet for the shorter ranges and shoot like matchkings most times

Thanks for the info, yeah with the low BC definitely not a long ramge bullet.

I've always likes the performance of the Matchkings on silhouette, they just shoot great and if these shoot this good they're worth a try.

Are they good for deer or elk, or both?

Thanks again

Thanks for the info, yeah with the low BC definitely not a long ramge bullet.

I've always likes the performance of the Matchkings on silhouette, they just shoot great and if these shoot this good they're worth a try.

Are they good for deer or elk, or both?

Thanks again
should do well on either one my wife uses the 130 hpgk in her 6,5x47 and kills a lot of deer and hogs most times deer are pass through bigger hogs bullet will be under the hide on the off side I would think in the 7mm mag they would work very well they usually like a little jump 20-40 thou

should do well on either one my wife uses the 130 hpgk in her 6,5x47 and kills a lot of deer and hogs most times deer are pass through bigger hogs bullet will be under the hide on the off side I would think in the 7mm mag they would work very well they usually like a little jump 20-40 thou

Thanks, I'll try that jump and see how it goes

My brother used this bullet for 25years before I started loading the 162amax for him. H4831 Rl22 and 7828 all produced great accuracy. Never chronied those loads. They were all at or slightly higher than the #25 Hodgdon manual or the Reloader pamphlet of the day. We loaded them so the boatail ojive was just below the neck/shoulder. That was the extent of our seating test lol.

My brother used this bullet for 25years before I started loading the 162amax for him. H4831 Rl22 and 7828 all produced great accuracy. Never chronied those loads. They were all at or slightly higher than the #25 Hodgdon manual or the Reloader pamphlet of the day. We loaded them so the boatail ojive was just below the neck/shoulder. That was the extent of our seating test lol.

I got some 7828 to try out, I'll try it on them. Appreciate the help. Thanks