7mm-08AI 1000yd Bullet?

DoneNOut

At some point my reamer will show up for my Benchmark blank I have planned for the 7-08AI for long balling on steel. Which Berger or grain weight is best for this use of the cartridge?

At some point my reamer will show up for my Benchmark blank I have planned for the 7-08AI for long balling on steel. Which Berger or grain weight is best for this use of the cartridge?
180 eld m. Not joking. Give it a shot (pun intended). YeH it doesn't start as fast but there's not much that'll be outrunning it for distance.

I've run a bunch of different bullets through my 7-08AI, from light to heavy and I keep coming back to the 150 ELD-X. Not a fan of the Hornady bullets, but you can't argue with the numbers. The 175 Berger shot fantastic groups for me, but the numbers (down range ballistics) show the 150 is "THE" bullet for my Ackley. Keep in mind this is out of a 18" barrel. I run the 120 Nosler BT for magazine feed hunting round (which is in itself a fantastic 7mm bullet, even out to 400yrds) and the 150's single feed for 1000yrd + steel. If course, when I'm hunting with that rifle I always have a couple 150s in my pocket just incase the need arises?

18" barrel
120 Nosler BT @ 3009fps
150 ELD-X @ 2765fps