74 year old Mom shooting Magpies.

LRSickle

My Mom has some pesky Magpies at her birdfeeder. She says they keep the songbirds away. So for Christmas Lisa and I bought her a scoped .177 pelletgun. That's what she asked for. Here's a picture of my 74 year old Mom shooting at a magpie from the kitchen window. She missed...but!... magpies beware! Next time. I absolutely love my Mom!

Mom grew up on a mink/fox farm in Logan Utah. I can't count the thousands of mink and fox that my twin, my dad and I have skinned around Thanksgiving time each year. Grampa also had beets, potatoes, alfalfa, corn and a dairy. This wonderful woman knew how to work and expected the same from all of us kids. I just thought you guys would love this pic.

Be careful what you post. Magpies are both federally and state protected. My neighbor turned me in after I shot 14 of them that were harassing my lab pups. I ended up having to place netting over our kennels and almost had to get a lawyer. I hate those birds!!!

Ben.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.