7-300 Norma Mag Improved. IT’S ALIVE!!

That bull specifically made it hundreds of yards going down hill with broken shoulder. I starter shooting around 1200 and he died around 1300 something i cant remember exactly but he was walking down hill parallel from me. He had the will too live with kill shots including lungs.

That bull specifically made it hundreds of yards going down hill with broken shoulder. I starter shooting around 1200 and he died around 1300 something i cant remember exactly but he was walking down hill parallel from me. He had the will too live with kill shots including lungs.
Them Berger's just zipping right through him at that distance. Needed some tipped target bullets… like an ELDM… 😏😏

Everyone acts like elk are made of armor. I killed 3 of them with a pointy stick and a string lol. Any heavy for caliber bullet going over 3100fps would cause 10X the amount of damage of a little ol arrow. But I just shoot for the lungs, like with a bow. I stay away from bone.

This big old tough 9 year old bull made it a whopping 10 yards 🤷🏽‍♂️
View attachment 555710
Bow wounds and bullets are tremendously different. Mainly with how animal feels it and reactions. They get smacked hard by bullet which is more of a fight or flight situation and gets that adrenaline going. Where arrow is more of what was that and they go lay down and bleed out.

Bow wounds and bullets are tremendously different. Mainly with how animal feels it and reactions. They get smacked hard by bullet which is more of a fight or flight situation and gets that adrenaline going. Where arrow is more of what was that and they go lay down and bleed out.
Agreed, one of the reasons a fixed blade works so well on elk. If it's sharp and doesn't catch a rib, often they don't even know they're hit until they tip over.

Agreed, one of the reasons a fixed blade works so well on elk. If it's sharp and doesn't catch a rib, often they don't even know they're hit until they tip over.
People dont realize how much they are like us. Crazy things happen when people get adrenaline going. No different with these much bigger much more powerful animals