• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

6mm sporter type SS barrel

I have shot out a lot of barrels in my life, cut and button. I have quite a few of both on hand right now. I know all of the technical issues of both types and a good friend invented a new style button for button rifle barrels.

As a precision shooter and former Benchrest shooter, I can not say that I have seen any kind of accuracy improvement of a cut-over-a-button rifle barrel. I will say that there is a much greater chance of you getting a ROUGH cut rifle barrel vs a button rifle barrel, especially from one brand.

My favorite Cut rifle barrels are Brux, Krieger, and Muller. Favorite Buttons are Hart, Lilja, and ABC may go to the top of the list as all-time favorites due to their incredible production and inspection process.

I have heard how to cut rifle barrels last longer, can't prove it by me. These large intense hunting cartridges that shoot 50g of powder and over just eat up throats with the 6.5x47 Lapua being the easiest on throats.

On any barrel maker, service after the sale is paramount. You darn sure had to make sure your gunsmith inspects a barrel with a bore scope before chambering, and if you send him a barrel, I can almost guarantee you that he will never inspect the barrel. This was a very, very expensive lesson for me to learn, and If you ever get a rough-cut rifle barrel you are out $1000 minimum, so look in the bore carefully before chambering.

I have shot out a lot of barrels in my life, cut and button. I have quite a few of both on hand right now. I know all of the technical issues of both types and a good friend invented a new style button for button rifle barrels.

As a precision shooter and former Benchrest shooter, I can not say that I have seen any kind of accuracy improvement of a cut-over-a-button rifle barrel. I will say that there is a much greater chance of you getting a ROUGH cut rifle barrel vs a button rifle barrel, especially from one brand.

My favorite Cut rifle barrels are Brux, Krieger, and Muller. Favorite Buttons are Hart, Lilja, and ABC may go to the top of the list as all-time favorites due to their incredible production and inspection process.

I have heard how to cut rifle barrels last longer, can't prove it by me. These large intense hunting cartridges that shoot 50g of powder and over just eat up throats with the 6.5x47 Lapua being the easiest on throats.

On any barrel maker, service after the sale is paramount. You darn sure had to make sure your gunsmith inspects a barrel with a bore scope before chambering, and if you send him a barrel, I can almost guarantee you that he will never inspect the barrel. This was a very, very expensive lesson for me to learn, and If you ever get a rough-cut rifle barrel you are out $1000 minimum, so look in the bore carefully before chambering.
Yep, same here. But I believe a Cut barrel has a better chance and will shoot more consistently with a variety of ammo over a button pulled barrel, especially a hunting barrel.
I borescope and videotape each of these barrels that I get before I do anything literally right from the factory I videotape it then I clean it then I videotape again