6mm/85 Sierra Varminter Coyote

10gaugemag

Got out this morning, saw 4 killed 1. Maybe 100-125 yards, 6mm Remmy, 85 Sierra SPT Varminter. Shot entered around shoulder and exited out of the top of the neck taking about 6" of vertabrae. DRT!

Attachments

• 20151226_132913 (1).jpeg
    20151226_132913 (1).jpeg
    305.7 KB · Views: 265
  • 20151226_133332.jpg
    20151226_133332.jpg
    140.5 KB · Views: 241
Last edited:
I killed my 2nd biggest bear with a Sierra 85 BTHP. It was early in the season & I did not think I would find a bear. I was just hiking & scouting when I ran into a 6 foot blackie. Put one in his lungs at 125 yards & he ran about 75 yards & piled up in a big snow drift. I am a HUGE fan of Sierra bullets!
Thanks, Kirk

I killed my 2nd biggest bear with a Sierra 85 BTHP. It was early in the season & I did not think I would find a bear. I was just hiking & scouting when I ran into a 6 foot blackie. Put one in his lungs at 125 yards & he ran about 75 yards & piled up in a big snow drift. I am a HUGE fan of Sierra bullets!
Thanks, Kirk
Back in 87 I watched a 350#bear get hit with that bullet. Turned the insides to jelly have used that bullet for the kids and wife ever since when they golightbulb

Back in 87 I watched a 350#bear get hit with that bullet. Turned the insides to jelly have used that bullet for the kids and wife ever since when they golightbulb
That's just amazing. Your experience is the norm. I shot a yote at 100 yards that just stood there wondering what happened. Had three of them hit, and then ran off. Just bad bullet placement on my part. I have made bad shots w/ 55 grain bal tips & 88 Bergers where they died instantly.
Guess nothing is a guaranteed in physics 100% of the time.

morning, this bullet is a masher. I have used in my .243 for years. deer, hogs, howlers

u name it I will shoot this bullet. the wound channel is mush. instant killer.

lightbulbgun)

That's just amazing. Your experience is the norm. I shot a yote at 100 yards that just stood there wondering what happened. Had three of them hit, and then ran off. Just bad bullet placement on my part. I have made bad shots w/ 55 grain bal tips & 88 Bergers where they died instantly.
Guess nothing is a guaranteed in physics 100% of the time.

Get some of the 85 SP and those yotes wil drop in their shadows, works just as well on deer as the HP, actually a bit better in my opinion. The SP is a bit softer and expands more readily, don't believe me, call Sierra and they will confirm that.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.