6mm 108 Berger Hunter terminal & accuracy feedback

I always get exits with the 115. Even at at 800 yards on mule deer. One big cow elk shot thru the lungs at 150 yards made 2 holes. Did a 30 yard death run and piled up . 6 creed running them 3100. Would like to try that 108 in my 8 twist twist and see what kind of velocity and accuracy it gets . Like trying out new things !!
Isn't it just as likely to be a thru-and-thru at 800 as the velocity would be around 1600-1800 FPS. (Less expansion)? More impressively is that there was enough energy to drop that deer. Must have been a perfect shot. Well done.

Isn't it just as likely to be a thru-and-thru at 800 as the velocity would be around 1600-1800 FPS. (Less expansion)? More impressively is that there was enough energy to drop that deer. Must have been a perfect shot. Well done.
I have a 115 HVLD load in my 6CM @ 3051fps. I don't shoot it much, but I have the data if I ever decide to switch.

Where I hunt mule deer, at 800 yards, I still retain 2032fps & 1055ft/lbs of energy. Guess it depends on conditions.

My 105 Hyb in a 6 Creed have slayed a bunch of coyotes and a pronghorn buck for me. If they didn't shoot and killso darn good, I might be tempted to switch. Plus, I have 1k of the 105s in my reloading stash...
Have you had any issues with they 105 hybrid just punching through and not opening on coyotes? How fast are you running them?

I have a 115 HVLD load in my 6CM @ 3051fps. I don't shoot it much, but I have the data if I ever decide to switch.

Where I hunt mule deer, at 800 yards, I still retain 2032fps & 1055ft/lbs of energy. Guess it depends on conditions.
Oh I wasn't doubting your information. I was simply agreeing that a thru and thru is just as likely at 800 as 100.

This thread is making it awfully difficult for me to resist getting one of QMMs. Instock 6mm. CMs that he has available. Awfully difficult. You guys are bad to be around
I went to my gun dealer 2 weeks ago with the intention of buying a 308 win ... he said hey look at this new rifle we just got in. He said you like the Creedmoor. Why not try the 6mm. I was hesitant but now.. this rifle has me frothing at the mouth to get back to the range.

I can't wait to get 6mm CM put together. Build list below.
Mackbros SS EVO action
Krieger 1/7 22" twist fluted Sendero
Greyboe Terrain Stock with Greyboe DBM bottom metal
TriggerTech primary
YHM QD brake for the YHM Resonator suppressor

I can't wait to get 6mm CM put together. Build list below.
Mackbros SS EVO action
Krieger 1/7 22" twist fluted Sendero
Greyboe Terrain Stock with Greyboe DBM bottom metal
TriggerTech primary
YHM QD brake for the YHM Resonator suppressor
I have no idea what 80% of that stuff is but I'm sure it will be quite impressive; a dragon slayer. The heathen muzzle break has really settled the jump of this creedmoor of mine. Wish we could run suppressors here in Canada 🇨🇦 Waiting on the TriggerTech special. Merry Christmas to me. 😉.

I have no idea what 80% of that stuff is but I'm sure it will be quite impressive; a dragon slayer. The heathen muzzle break has really settled the jump of this creedmoor of mine. Wish we could run suppressors here in Canada 🇨🇦 Waiting on the TriggerTech special. Merry Christmas to me. 😉.
Mackbros makes bolt actions.
Grayboe stocks is run by Ryan McMillan on of the prior owners of McMillan stocks.
YHM is YankeeHill and Machine. Brake comes with the Suppressor.

Have you had any issues with they 105 hybrid just punching through and not opening on coyotes? How fast are you running them?
Pushing them at 3101fps MV.
I have shot coyotes with them from 40ish to 1131. The "pop" they make from 40 to 400 is astounding. The dogs from 800 to 1131 all died within 40ish yards when the bullet hits where it should. Only had a very few shots that were less than optimal. I think I have only had two that I could not locate. One at 600ish that got into some really thick stuff, and one at 921 that went over the top of a ridge, and I honestly didn't even go look for him.
The pronghorn I shot was impressive too. Perfect mushroom, actually one of only 5 bullets I have ever recovered. Broke onside leg, liquefied the internals, and almost came through the offside skin. Blew the hair off and left a mean hickey where is just started to tear through. 460ish yards.

Pushing them at 3101fps MV.
I have shot coyotes with them from 40ish to 1131. The "pop" they make from 40 to 400 is astounding. The dogs from 800 to 1131 all died within 40ish yards when the bullet hits where it should. Only had a very few shots that were less than optimal. I think I have only had two that I could not locate. One at 600ish that got into some really thick stuff, and one at 921 that went over the top of a ridge, and I honestly didn't even go look for him.
The pronghorn I shot was impressive too. Perfect mushroom, actually one of only 5 bullets I have ever recovered. Broke onside leg, liquefied the internals, and almost came through the offside skin. Blew the hair off and left a mean hickey where is just started to tear through. 460ish yards.
Please lock thread or I'll have to spend big bucks on one of QMM 6mm CM's. Bit darn I would love it

Please lock thread or I'll have to spend big bucks on one of QMM 6mm CM's. Bit darn I would love it
Hope this helps...
20190819_112846.jpg

20190819_105555.jpg

20190819_113620.jpg

20190819_113655.jpg

20190819_113837.jpg

20190819_121114.jpg

20190819_173626.jpg

Recent Posts