6.5 prc real world velocity and thoughts

Is your long action a magnum or ultra mag action? I know the lengths are the same but I believe the feed ramps are slightly different. I have an ultra mag that I'd like to try.

I have a TC Encore MGM 27 in. 1 in. full bull barrel in 6.5 PRC . 2.5 in. of is integral muzzle brake though. I'm getting 2915 with factory Hornady 147 eld match. 59.0 grs. Retumbo 143 eld x 2920 . Not max. 58.0 hrs. H1000 with 131 Hammer 3006 . Not max. That's all I have so far. 1and 8 twist.

Is your long action a magnum or ultra mag action? I know the lengths are the same but I believe the feed ramps are slightly different. I have an ultra mag that I'd like to try.
Mine's a regular long action, which are the same regardless of .473" or .532" case head. The Ultra's feed rails are slightly wider, so I'm not sure of compatibility with "regular" magnum or PRC cases.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.