6.5 PRC Norma Golden Target 143gr accuracy issues

thesheepdog

hi everyone,

I got a ton of this ammo from my local FFL on sale for my Savage 6.5 Prc

I took my rifle it out to the range today and at 100 yards I was getting 2-3" groups with erratic POI.

Checked my scope/rings/mount and everything was 100% tight. Verified with a torque wrench.

I have probably 10 boxes of Hornady ELD-X that I need to try to verify it's not a scope issue but I wanted to check on here to see if anyone else has experience similar issues with this ammo before I head back out to the range again.

Appreciate any feedback.

I shot that ammo in my new Seekins Element 6.5 PRC and it performed well for the first outing. At the end of the day, it's factory ammo and your rifle just might not like it. I'd try out the Hornady and see if it performs better.

I shot that ammo in my new Seekins Element 6.5 PRC and it performed well for the first outing. At the end of the day, it's factory ammo and your rifle just might not like it. I'd try out the Hornady and see if it performs better.
That's the plan. If the ELD-x shoots like crap too, I'm going to test a different scope. Then if a new scope doesn't solve the issue, there might be something wrong with my barrel.

I've put 120 rounds of it through my Seekins HIT. Never chronographed it but it shot 1/2-3/4 moa out to 200 yds in less than calm conditions from the get go. Good ammo. Good brass.

I took my rifle it out to the range today and at 100 yards I was getting 2-3" groups with erratic POI.

With just this information, I suggest that the rifle needs a good going over to determine the problem.

I'm definitely not a factory ammunition guy. However...

I bought this ammunition to have on hand for testing. I do the same thing with Hornady Black ammunition also. We used to use Federal GMM but I've move on. I also have several hundred of just the bullets (130, 143) to use in a couple of target rifles. I'm glad to have the ammo and the bullets.

:)

Yeah it's definitely concerning. I checked headspace and everything checks out with a go-gauge and no-go. I cleaned the barrel real good and going to retest soon.

Cold clean and two follow ups from an ultra light Christensen 6.5 PRC. This is good ammo in this gun.

IMG_5896.jpeg

hi everyone,

I got a ton of this ammo from my local FFL on sale for my Savage 6.5 Prc

Checked my scope/rings/mount and everything was 100% tight. Verified with a torque wrench.

I have probably 10 boxes of Hornady ELD-X that I need to try to verify it's not a scope issue but I wanted to check on here to see if anyone else has experience similar issues with this ammo before I head back out to the range again.

Appreciate any feedback.
How many total rounds down your barrel?

Assuming you have checked all torque screws on the rifle and scope...Does the rifle have a brake? If so, check the torque on it as well. I have had screw on brakes that get loose and make me all kind of crazy. Cans too... So much that now I reach up and hand tighten after every group.

Weaver 20 MOA base, 8-40 screws, Vortex PST with PRO rings.
Have you checked the action screws? Any stock fitment issues? 2-3" groups at 100 yds says something is loose or something is wrong with it to me. It's not just going to settle in if you put another 100 rds through it.