525” Bull Elk trophy mount

Nobody kills a 500 plus inch bull elk and keeps it a secret unless there is a very good reason. And mounted animals are like scars, you can make up a great story to match it. The more I look at the rack the more New Zealand pops up in my mind.
First thing I thought. New Zealand. And that's meadeoker for New Zealand

It is amazing how an elk or deer can grow unbelievable racks in captivity. A very unwise friend (RIP) picked up a buck fawn while bush hogging one of his fields. He put it one of his horse barns and bottle fed it. It was fed the finest show horse feed and kept in a large stall and had access to fairly small area behind this barn. In 5 years it had a huge rack with 16 points that was clearly over 200”. He was turned into the TWRA by someone. They took the deer. Huge fines as well.

It is amazing how an elk or deer can grow unbelievable racks in captivity. A very unwise friend (RIP) picked up a buck fawn while bush hogging one of his fields. He put it one of his horse barns and bottle fed it. It was fed the finest show horse feed and kept in a large stall and had access to fairly small area behind this barn. In 5 years it had a huge rack with 16 points that was clearly over 200”. He was turned into the TWRA by someone. They took the deer. Huge fines as well.
Genetics, protein, minerals, and no stress

It looks to me like it was made up by a taxidermist. the head and neck are small for a Bull Elk. All the tips of the antlers look to evenly worn. Also don't you think that the "POSE" angle of the head would have been more PROUD!
A for sure record size Elk mount in a Secondhand Antiques Store???
For $15K???????

I would agree with High fence.
Anybody else have a hard time seeing 500"+? Just doesn't look like enough, I mean the spider bull was right at 500! The one this thread is highlighting does not appear bigger to my gaze. Spider bull attached https://gothunts.com/huge-utah-bull-elk-spider/

1719935054163.png

I would agree with High fence.
Anybody else have a hard time seeing 500"+? Just doesn't look like enough, I mean the spider bull was right at 500! The one this thread is highlighting does not appear bigger to my gaze. Spider bull attached https://gothunts.com/huge-utah-bull-elk-spider/

View attachment 583109
You beat me to it. I just went to look on the BC site, and it said the 'Spider Bull" was 478" net, 500" green. I always thought it looked like it had some Red Stag in it.

Last edited: