505 gibbs, heavy bullets

tooth doc

I find that most 505 bullets fall in the 485 to 560 gr. an article I read years ago found that the Gibbs can certainly handle heavier bullets up to 700 gr with amazing performance. I am looking for some of the old 700 gr 505 bullets that barnes offered for a while. anyone that has any they would sell. I am a buyer. or any other good 600 plus gr bullets . thanks brothers!!!

I find that most 505 bullets fall in the 485 to 560 gr. an article I read years ago found that the Gibbs can certainly handle heavier bullets up to 700 gr with amazing performance. I am looking for some of the old 700 gr 505 bullets that barnes offered for a while. anyone that has any they would sell. I am a buyer. or any other good 600 plus gr bullets . thanks brothers!!!

That's part of what makes the 505 Gibbs a very special cartridge! memtb

u would like my 550. 577 t rex. 585 hubel express. 600 ok and my 700 ahr then.

I remember seeing many videos taken with mostly very inexperienced folks shooting one. The videos were hilarious!

If given the opportunity……I'd love to run a round downrange. If I survive….I'll then decide wheter I want another one! 😜

Though, I don't want it "braked"…..I want the full, "unvarnished" experience! 😁
memtb

I shoot the 600gr woodleigh in mine. Just the basic 134gr of h1000 load. They can be pushed harder but I don't need the opposite reaction. There are two styles : an older style with a crimp band kind of middle of the projectile body and a newer version with a crimp band more forward towards the point. The reason is that the old style would be too long to sit in the cz magazine . Hence the new style to seat the bullet deep enough and be able to crimp.
I just got some 535 grains woodleigh ( old production before the factory burned). That I am looking forward to trying. If someone has a starting load with some hodgedon powder that would be great.

I shoot the 600gr woodleigh in mine. Just the basic 134gr of h1000 load. They can be pushed harder but I don't need the opposite reaction. There are two styles : an older style with a crimp band kind of middle of the projectile body and a newer version with a crimp band more forward towards the point. The reason is that the old style would be too long to sit in the cz magazine . Hence the new style to seat the bullet deep enough and be able to crimp.
I just got some 535 grains woodleigh ( old production before the factory burned). That I am looking forward to trying. If someone has a starting load with some hodgedon powder that would be great.
thank you for the info. now I just have to find some.