375/08 vs 375 raptor

I downloaded the load data from the 375 Raptor website before it went down. There’s a fair bit of info in there for 10x powder, which I figured could be at least a safe starting point. How was the recoil on the rifle without the brake? Or have you always shot it in this configuration?

My goal was a close range stomper, and a brake isn’t something I’d prefer to put on it. But, it’s a relatively light rifle overall. I expect all told it’ll be 7-7.5 pounds but I’ll have it when it gets back to me. I would rather not get too broken by recoil, so we’ll see how it feels. In theory, muzzle energy shouldn’t be that much higher than a 30/06 so recoil should be comparable.
I would like to caution you about the 10X load data. I used the 10X load data to load the Maker 250 grain T-Rex bullet. The load data listed from the Raptor site for the 250gr Game King was 44.4 grains of 10X. I started out using 41.0 grains of 10X as a starting load. The 41.0 grain load gave me a hard bolt lift. The pressure signs were too evident, I stopped with that one round. From there I dropped the load down to 38.5 grains of 10X and worked up from there. I could only get 2100fps out of the load. I found these velocities to not be what I was looking for; or... what was published. I haven't tried the load data for the .358 Winchester data as of yet. Perhaps I can get the velocity I am looking for with a different powder. If I could get up into the 2450-2600 fps velocities it would be what I am looking for. I am not certain that I can get this out of the cartridge. I would like to get this cartridge to work in this rifle, I've got quite a bit of time and about $2000 put into the build.