35 cal. testing of FTX & Accubond

MagTen

Will be reloading the 35 Nosler Accubond & Hornady FTX 200 grainers for my 35s tonight. Mainly want to see mushroom differences between both at 2200fps out of my Remington 7600 carbine 35 Remington. Will post photos tomorrow. I will most likely not be seating the Accubonds quite as deep as the photo. The Accubonds are boattails.

35_reloads.jpg

Some unexpected results. The 350 RM with the 180 TTSX is still king in mushroom and penetration. But the 180 TTSX did not work as well as I had hoped with the slower 35 Rem. The 200 AB in 350 RemMag did very well but dropped weight. The FTX did very well in the 35 Rem. but lead came apart & AB held together but did not give great mushroom. The AB in 35 Rem. did hold a little better weight and would penetrate a little deeper. The AB seems to have lost jacket petals where the FTX did not. If Hornady bonded their FTX it would make a better bullet. IMO the Barnes is tops and AB is second at higher speeds. We are going to do some more testing with the 35 Rem. and AB at max speeds and see what happens. At a buck a slug it is not as cheap as the FTX. Maybe the Hornady Interlock would be a better bullet. The MonoFlex would be good bullet but is not made in 200gr. 35.

DSC_5797.jpg

DSC_5796.jpg

Great test. Thanks for sharing. That 200 AB looks great in the 350 RM though. Hard to argue with that kinda performance. What were you shooting into?

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.