338LM 300 RDF - anyone have a pet load?

Well it's not a Papua but it's the 338 Rum and 338 Edge ..expect Accuracy with a 300 gr. Berger , Otm or Elite hunters with 90 to 92 grs. of H- 1000 this should get you close . This was about the same with the 300 gr Sierra match king also .

Depending on barrel length your velosity should be 2800 ft.per.sec and up .
Please work up !

Rum Man

I run 3 300g pills available to me, Nosler 300g Accubond, Nosler 300g RDF & Sierra 300g Matchking.
The Berger Elite Hunter is good, the OTM isn't. The RDF is very poor for game and I haven't shot the Matchking at animals, never will.
The only bullets I trust for hunting are Accubonds or ABLR.
YMMV, however. The RDF takes some serious tuning to get good results, so be wary of that.

Cheers.

Thank you guys. I have a adequate small supply of components right now. It's probably going to be a rifle I flip (neck issues) and was just double checking accuracy for a listing recipe & photo op. Managed to get 2 cloverleaf groups yesterday at 100 with said RDF over surplus powder that sat in the same chart position as RL33 so we're good :) Was interesting to see compared to the factory target.

Thank you guys. I have a adequate small supply of components right now. It's probably going to be a rifle I flip (neck issues) and was just double checking accuracy for a listing recipe & photo op. Managed to get 2 cloverleaf groups yesterday at 100 with said RDF over surplus powder that sat in the same chart position as RL33 so we're good :) Was interesting to see compared to the factory target.

Whatcha gonna do with it...asking for a friend:p

Pics???

Whatcha gonna do with it...asking for a friend:p

Pics???
LOL I am going to stretch it's legs a little asap while my neck can (kinda) still take it. Luckily this recoils less harshly than I thought it would even with the stout-ish 300gr recipe. After the clovers at 100 I need to see out as far as I can get to. Unfortunately not a quick task where I am, but I might be able to squeak in on a F-class at our state 600 range. I'll check back when I am ready to part ways.

Disregard...you are already hooked. Consider a can...it helps even more. Still stout, but not terrible. It's a big boomer. Fist fights always end with welts on the face.

Trust me, not hooked. My budget as it sits right now, it's not a viable long term item. It ended up in my lap, there's other circumstances. Esp as it is realistically long range specialized, a good 300WM or comparable is all I can regularly utilize looking down the road at all my circumstances. 30 yrs into it, I don't get hooked easy anymore ;)

Happy for you.
I can easily push them above 3200fps in my rig, but sit happily around 3150fps. Not a 338LM, but full sized 416 Rigby Improved case.
If you can get good clover leaf groups with RDF without trying you are doing very well.

Cheers.