338 suppressor

Idaho Trecker

I've done some searching with the ol Google machine and specifically on here to see if there were any reviews on the three suppressors I'm considering. I have found lots of feedback on the gold standard tbac 338 which the reviews are all glowing. This isn't surprising of high quality with high price. I was hoping to see if anyone has firsthand experience with the KGM 338 or the Banish 338. Even better would be if someone has had 2 of the 3 to compare.

I went with the elite iron Sierra as I didn't want to wait a year just to get in line. I've been very happy with its performance. I wish it was a bit lighter but otherwise it's been great.
I have the Eliteiron Bravo SD for my .30 LARA and Rex Silentium for my .338 Thor. Yes, the Eliteiron is built like a tank (heavier than most in its class), but works as adverstised.

Me and a buddy both have 338-378 rifles. He bought a banish last fall and after I shot it I purchased one for mine and another for my 30 cals. It is long and a bit heavy but is amazing how much noise reduction it has. I'm not sure if I would shoot without hearing protection but no where near the piercing boom it had. I wore plugs and muffs before now it's just plugs.

Silencerco Hybrid 45. Shoot it on a 338 Lapua, 45-70, 375 H&H. It's a very versatile can.

I use it on everything from 6.5's up to the 45-70. It's a great can.

I may be wrong, but I believe you can buy endcaps for it from 22, 30 and 45. They may even have a 338 endcap, depending on which family this can is in.

I would recommend an AB Raptor with 5" reflex mount. I have been running a 30 cal for about 3 years and it's really a great suppressor. I was actually able to do some testing with it before I purchased it. The reflex mount really makes a noticeable difference in sound and felt recoil. I have a 3" reflex mount because that's what they had then. If I was getting one now, I'd certainly get a 5", especially for a 338.
If you decide to go with an AB, I recommend talking with Eric at JEP Firearms in Axtell TX.

Tagging in! AB 338 Raptor 10 + 3" reflex currently in Jail. It's very light and I've had great luck with AB Raptors on smaller calibers. That being said, if I were going to do high volume suppressed 338 shooting I'd spend the extra money and take the size/weight penalty of the TBAC 338 model with an SR mount.

Maybe a little off topic (adds to it) but I found this video. The thing that really jumped out at me is the length/weight comparisons of each of the competitors.

How do you like the Rex Silentium? I am thinking of getting one for my 308.
Rex are great suppressors. The removable backing plate is great for swapping different thread pitched. I use anti seize and it seems to lock up well. I know several guys running Rex cans. All approved

Recent Posts