• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED 338 Allen Xpress-***SPF****

TMR

Official LRH Sponsor
I have decided to sell this rifle to fund my 375/408 cheytac project....I received this from Kirby about 2 months ago and have 30 rounds down the tube. The rifle shoots awesome and it was one that Kirby wanted to keep because he knew how it was going to shoot.

Here are the specs:
Nesika Model M
McMillan A5 stock..50% forest green, 25% black, 25% woodland tan
Lilja #8 32" barrel w/ heavy fluting 1-10 twist
Jewell trigger
HS detachable magazine
Nesika 20MOA rail
Kirby's PK muzzle brake
338 Allen Xpress Hornady FL sizing die and Forster Ultra seater die
100 rounds of brass.....70 formed by Kirby, 30 once fired
338AX001.jpg

338AX002.jpg

338AX003.jpg

338AX006.jpg

338AX008.jpg

338AX009.jpg

Asking $3700 for the whole package shipped to the lower 48. I have more than that into it, but I would rather someone be able to use it than have it just sit in my safe. The buyer will need to provide a case for shipping the rifle, or I can get one for an additional charge.

5/29/09: Rifle is sold pending funds
Email me at:
[email protected]

Thanks,
Travis

Last edited:
Re: 338 AX XHS Rifle

Travis,
a couple of questions.
What is the weight?
COAL with the 300gr to fit the DMB system you have on it?
How acurate is it ?
How is recoil and muzzle flip, and can you spot your shots with it ?
Thanks,
JIM

Jim,

I ran the 300's at 3.675" OAL. This was just touching the lands. The mag box will only allow 3.70".

Weight is 13.5lbs according to my bathroom scale. It is very well balanced with the longer barrel.

Accuracy is really good....I only shot 3 shots on paper to get it dialed in before shooting long range....3 shots were well under the 1/2moa..closer to 1/4moa ctc. Shot it a ranges out to 1100 and had no problems hitting clay pigeons on first round hits.

Recoil is very manageable, and you are able to spot your own shots easily at distance and even around 300yds. The PK brake is extremely effective.

Thanks
Travis

Kyle,

I am going to either use a Lawton 8500 or 8000 action depending on if I want it heavy or light. The 8500 is pretty close to the BAT Model M most guys are using, only a little smaller in diameter. Cheytac uses them on their lightweight 408's and 338 LM's. I haven't decided yet on which version yet....I have my own 375/408 Improved reamer.

Travis

Re: 338 AX XHS Rifle-REDUCED

Weekend bump with lower price

$3900 shipped to lower 48

What a dream rifle... The moneys in the bank, but I think it might lead to a divorce. So even though it is worth everthing you are asking, I can't bite. I am sure you will make someones hunting season when you find a buyer!!! Good luck with your new 375 project.

Aroshtr

Thanks for the bump....anyone out there need a ready to go rifle for hunting season?

Re: 338 Allen Xpress Rifle-REDUCED

Reduced again...if you have trades, I might be interested in a partial trade. Let me know what you have.

Re: 338 Allen Xpress-REDUCED

I envision my rifle looking something like that whenever it is finished! Too bad it wasn't a lot less or I'd just see if I could get yours! REALLY nice rifle though, what velocity is the 32" getting you?

Recent Posts