300 WSM loose Bullets

Yes. You can try .001 see what you get. Most of my standard dies sized necks are .002 below loaded round.
Spun the expander ball in a drill chuck with 500 grit and then finished with 1500. It's nice and shiny has a OD of .3055. it started at .307 so a 1/2 a thousand more than I intended. I installed it back into the die and it definitely increased neck tension. I could feel more feedback when sizing a bullet. I sized it to COAL of 2.860 and no slip at all.
I assume this will increase pressure so I'll need to back off my charges and check my velocities?

Spun the expander ball in a drill chuck with 500 grit and then finished with 1500. It's nice and shiny has a OD of .3055. it started at .307 so a 1/2 a thousand more than I intended. I installed it back into the die and it definitely increased neck tension. I could feel more feedback when sizing a bullet. I sized it to COAL of 2.860 and no slip at all.
I assume this will increase pressure so I'll need to back off my charges and check my velocities?
Maybe a tad. Your not talking about much difference in bullet grip.

I've switched to a Redding body die and a Lee collet die combo. I'm still getting used to it but so far the combo has been easy to get consistent brass.