300 Rum/200 Gr Ab

elkstalker300

For those of you who would like to know.

300 RUM
200 Grain Accubond
95 Grains of Retumbo
Remington Brass
Remington 9 1/2m Primers
6300 ft elevation
27 degrees (Brrrrr)

Shot 3 with a warm barrel and they averaged 3215 fps and grouped a .75 inch. Think I could shrink my group if I wasnt shivering (LOL) so bad. Some have posted 95.5 grains pushing them at around 3180, I was amazed they were over 3200. Also NO signs of over pressure when inspecting the brass, think I have a new elk load WOOOO HOOOOOOO

That is the exact same load that I shoot. I am pushing that bullet at exactly 3200 out of a 26 inch shilen. I went out yesterday and shot a five inch group at 700 hundred yards! This is not match accuracy but will work very well on any deer or elk alive!

My BDL Stainless Synthetic does 3200 fps with 92 gr of RL-25. Federal 215, Remington brass. 1/2 inch OR less when I am on. 5 branch antlered bulls so far. mtmuley Oops, No brake, 3 lb trigger. I did shoot a 3 inch 500 yard group.

What is the oal of your cartridges? I am only able to get 3.61 without turning my rifle into a single shot.:mad:

I have been shooting the 165 ab out of my 300 RUM, I have taken quite a few animals from 100 to 600 yards. I was thinking of going up to 200's, have any of you shot the lighter bullets. What are your thoughts. I am kind of new to this long range game. thanks

My OAL is 3.600 its a load that stxhunter sent me. I have only shot 180 grain AB's before this. This is going to be a fun year hopefully

Levi, I can seat my 200 gr Accubonds out to 3.625 in That is measured to the tip of the bullet. My real seating depth started with a bullet tip length, but now I use Stoney Point tools. At 3.625 in at the tip, they still fit in the mag of my BDL. Using the Stoney Point tool compensates for any tip variation. mtmuley

I have been shooting the 165 ab out of my 300 RUM, I have taken quite a few animals from 100 to 600 yards. I was thinking of going up to 200's, have any of you shot the lighter bullets. What are your thoughts. I am kind of new to this long range game. thanks

The 200 acb has a higher BC and will fly better at long range.-< meaning less drop and more important, less wind drift.

Elkstalker,

how is powder fowling with that load. i was using rutumbo in a 27 in lilja 300rum and could only get about 12 rounds down range before it was powder fouled. I then switched to H1000 and can can shoot more then my shoulder can take. 92.5 grs H1000, 200 Gr AB, nosler brass, Fed 215 loaded to 3.61 shoots 1/2 inch @3175 fps

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.