300 left handed accumark rebarreled to 7mm stw

txaggie1

I sent this one in a couple months ago to Bartlien didn't expect it back before the summer but she came in last week. So i purchased a 300 weatherby Left Handed accumark for the conversion. Went with a #3 contour we decided not to flute because they don't coat to replicate the accumark look.

It took about 45-60 days to find a company who would even take on the assignment - was kinda shocked but when we said 7mmstw we got crickets - bart was one of 4 companies that responded. I'm tickled with the end product she really looks cool IMO and different. So the specs are 28" barrel with 1-8.5 twist. So far I have 14 rounds down the pipe with the slowdown quarantine I went to the ranch and got her bore sighted in on Thursday the pic with the two rounds was the last 2 150 grain federal partitions I had left in the box.

Last target with the 5 were of nosler 160 grain accubonds - two high then adjusted shot 3 made the final adjustment and put it in the box. I'm just taking baby steps and breaking it in, but all in all I think it will serve what I wanted and that is a fire breathing 7mm to sling 175 grain ammo!
:)
Anyway thought I would share - she's toped with a meopta HTR mcwhorter reticle. I have several and have been very pleased with them.

hope everyone has a great weekend!

Attachments

• IMG_3674.jpg
    IMG_3674.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_3675.jpg
    IMG_3675.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_3677.jpg
    IMG_3677.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_3679.jpg
    IMG_3679.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_3726.jpg
    IMG_3726.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_3733.jpg
    IMG_3733.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 49
I sent this one in a couple months ago to Bartlien didn't expect it back before the summer but she came in last week. So i purchased a 300 weatherby Left Handed accumark for the conversion. Went with a #3 contour we decided not to flute because they don't coat to replicate the accumark look.

It took about 45-60 days to find a company who would even take on the assignment - was kinda shocked but when we said 7mmstw we got crickets - bart was one of 4 companies that responded. I'm tickled with the end product she really looks cool IMO and different. So the specs are 28" barrel with 1-8.5 twist. So far I have 14 rounds down the pipe with the slowdown quarantine I went to the ranch and got her bore sighted in on Thursday the pic with the two rounds was the last 2 150 grain federal partitions I had left in the box.

Last target with the 5 were of nosler 160 grain accubonds - two high then adjusted shot 3 made the final adjustment and put it in the box. I'm just taking baby steps and breaking it in, but all in all I think it will serve what I wanted and that is a fire breathing 7mm to sling 175 grain ammo!
:)
Anyway thought I would share - she's toped with a meopta HTR mcwhorter reticle. I have several and have been very pleased with them.

hope everyone has a great weekend!

Nice!

If you have any Retumbo, it works really well with the 175 gr ELDX. Otherwise, you can never go wrong with H1000 in the STW. It works well with all bullet weights.
Nice rifle............enjoy it. It's my favorite cartridge

If you have any Retumbo, it works really well with the 175 gr ELDX. Otherwise, you can never go wrong with H1000 in the STW. It works well with all bullet weights.
Nice rifle............enjoy it. It's my favorite cartridge

Thanks - looking forward to getting some heavies and seeing how she does;

Thanks - looking forward to getting some heavies and seeing how she does;
I'm running the 175 ELDX just under 3000 fps, but I bet you'd be able to get 3100 fps if you wanted. I've verified my load out to 1070 yards. That bullet works really well in the wind.
Also, RL26 is really good in this cartridge, too.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts