300 Hulk - Case length & Capacity ?

300magman

I see a lot of questions asked and even a few articles written about this catridge, but have yet to find a single answer.

Has the knowledge gotten out there yet as to what the case length (or diamensions) are for the 300 Hulk, and/or does anyone know its case capacity?

I'm just curious to compare it to several other 30 cal wildcats that I have been looking at.

Contact Tom Sarver at Thunder valley in Ohio and he can give you all the details. He builds them and set the 1000 yd world record with one

+1 it is Tom Sarver's baby, so he is the natural one to talk to.

All I know is that its based on the 338LM base case, that has been shortened, blown out, with some shoulder angle change.

A pretty close approximation to Tom's 300 Hulk, without all the case forming effort, is the 300 Norma Magnum.

JeffVN

The 300 norma seems to be another one of those cartridges that is currently generating a lot of buzz but doesn't really have any information out there. All I have been able to find is that it is basically identical to the 338 norma necked down to 30 cal. But I am yet to see any actual sources of brass.

Speeking of brass, does the 338 (or 300) norma brass seem to be of the same quality and toughness as 338 lapua?

wow...thanks, I actually feel a little dumb now. I don't know how I missed that, perhaps its something that came out since the last time I did any real searching...or maybe I'm just working too much and sleeping too little, lol

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.