300 Blackout Sub Load

I use cast bullets for mine. I particularly like one NOE mold that drops a 247g slick side bullet I powdercoat. I send it with IMR4198 and its very accurate.

RenderedImage.jpeg

Coyote wacker is correct. No amount of magical reloading tricks are gonna make a gas gun as quiet as a bolt gun, especially at your ear. That bolt flying open is letting gas, and noise, out. It's just physics. No way around it. Forget the AR and stick with the bolt gun for ultimate silence.

Coyote wacker is correct. No amount of magical reloading tricks are gonna make a gas gun as quiet as a bolt gun, especially at your ear. That bolt flying open is letting gas, and noise, out. It's just physics. No way around it. Forget the AR and stick with the bolt gun for ultimate silence.
My subsonic 308 bolt gun shooting 220's at 1000fps is shockingly quieter than my .300 blk shooting 190's at 940fps

My subsonic 308 bolt gun shooting 220's at 1000fps is shockingly quieter than my .300 blk shooting 190's at 940fps
Not to jump start an old thread, but would you have a recommendation for someone entertaining buying a .300 blk vs a .308 with hopes of reloading for subs? It would be a bolt gun. I got on here to research reloading 300blk and saw this quote.

Not to jump start an old thread, but would you have a recommendation for someone entertaining buying a .300 blk vs a .308 with hopes of reloading for subs? It would be a bolt gun. I got on here to research reloading 300blk and saw this quote.
In my experience, 300blk is more accurste with subs than 308 Win. I have toyed with both, using the same projectiles and the blackout has always been better.

If your buying a caliber for sub sonic bullet shooting. A caliber like the Blkout is purpose built. There are a number of others like the 338 Spectre and new 8.6 Blkout. As long as this 300 has the bullets you want to shoot and you are no seeking the option for more HP. The lil 300 AAC is a good choice.

But a 308 correctly twisted, is more versatile. Its a shame Trail Boss is gone. (Hoping rumors of its return are not unfounded) As W/TB the 308 Sub gun becomes more of a thing.

CW

Recent Posts