28 Nosler Info

ROJO20

So just wanted to post some results I am getting with my 28 Nosler maybe it might help someone out. The gun is a savage 110 ultralite with the proof barrel. I have had the gun for a few years but was never really satisfied with the accuracy. I upgraded the stock to a Stockys VG2, American Precision Arms muzzle brake, and an Athlon ARES ETR 4.5x30x56. The stock drastically improved my accuracy and comfort getting in to the gun, especially when shooting prone. A buddy of mine that reloads has been helping me work up a few loads. I am getting awesome results with RETUMBO. Attatched is a 3 shot group at 200 yrds (.33 MOA) along with the load data. This is by far the best group I have shot out of this rifle.

Nosler 175gr ABLR
80gr RETUMBO
ADG brass
COAL 3.45
CCI 250
Average chrono 3091fps

Attachments

• IMG_5347.jpeg
    IMG_5347.jpeg
    234.9 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_5345.jpeg
    IMG_5345.jpeg
    502.5 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_5346.jpeg
    IMG_5346.jpeg
    294 KB · Views: 60
Thanks for the info. I am putting scope etc. on the same rifle, so haven't shot it yet. Curious if you already has a brake on it before when you were having issues? I am expecting a pretty good thumping without one. I have installed a 5 port "Muscle" titanium brake from Peircision.

Thanks for the info. I am putting scope etc. on the same rifle, so haven't shot it yet. Curious if you already has a brake on it before when you were having issues? I am expecting a pretty good thumping without one. I have installed a 5 port "Muscle" titanium brake from Peircision.
I have mainly shot it with the muzzle brake. I know the brake could affect shot placement, but from what I experienced I believe it was more so the flimsy factory stock. That muzzle brake will definitely take that heavy recoil out and make it way more fun to shoot haha.

I have mainly shot it with the muzzle brake. I know the brake could affect shot placement, but from what I experienced I believe it was more so the flimsy factory stock. That muzzle brake will definitely take that heavy recoil out and make it way more fun to shoot haha.
Understood. Thank you.

Recent Posts