277 sig fury

Yes it has a 20" barrel and weighs 7.1 lbs. The short barrel is on their semiautomatic rifle ($4100+) rifle. No idea why the 20" vs. the 16".
When they launched the cross was advertised a 277 fury having a 16in barrel. And a 7 twist.

Instead they made a black 270win. Huh.

I was going to buy one of these when they got around to cambering for it, but I don't even have 277 bullets that will stabilize in a barrel they pulled out of a 1950's junk pile. I mean you'd at least think they'd follow the saami chambering and twist. Since they made the thing up. I just saved $1800.

Last edited:
When they launched the cross was advertised a 277 fury having a 16in barrel. And a 7 twist.

Instead they made a black 270win. Huh.

I was going to buy one of these when they got around to cambering for it, but I don't even have 277 bullets that will stabilize in a barrel they pulled out of a 1950's junk pile. I mean you'd at least think they'd follow the saami chambering and twist. Since they made the thing up.
I've been waiting for this rifle for quite a while, so I am very happy to have it in my hands.

My guess is the 16" barrel is how the military wanted it in the new battle weapon. 16" barrel, and, enough punch to go thru a standard military bullet resistant vest, body armor?, at 600 yards. Sig answered with 277 fury set up. I bet for civilian use 20" barrel is better. The civilian ammo might have a different load?
I think the military round is suppose to have a muzzle velocity of 3000 fps out of the 16" set up. 140 grain projectiles.?

My guess is the 16" barrel is how the military wanted it in the new battle weapon. 16" barrel, and, enough punch to go thru a standard military bullet resistant vest, body armor?, at 600 yards. Sig answered with 277 fury set up. I bet for civilian use 20" barrel is better. The civilian ammo might have a different load?
I think the military round is suppose to have a muzzle velocity of 3000 fps out of the 16" set up. 140 grain projectiles.?
Sig has 4 different rounds available. The 1st being the hybrid poly tipped 150gr. $80/box, another hybrid 155gr match round $65/box; a 135gr fmj $33/box and a 130gr soft point hunting round at $40/box.

I picked up a few of the FMJ rounds. I figured I need the brass to reload