270 AM in A5

bailey1474

<strong>SPONSOR</strong>
Well, I'm long overdue to post these. I've been wanting to for awhile now, but just haven't taken the time. Here are some pics of my 270 AM in the A5. This is a 200% (if that's possible) improvement over the boat anchor that was on it. I love the cheek piece and the swivel cups. With the sling attached as shown, I can carry this 17 lb gun w/out any part of it digging into me. I don't have to constantly readjust in on my shoulders. It rides flat on my back and stays there. Anyway, here's the pics. Sure makes Kirby's work look even better (if that's possible /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif).
270AMMac002.jpg

270AMMac001.jpg

Merry Christmas everyone!!!
B.J.

Bill:

Fantastic..
001_grinning-smiley-003.gif
001_grinning-smiley-003.gif

That really changed the looks didn't it. I like it!! Kinda like having another new gun and I'm sure you'll like the A5 much better than the old stock.

I see signs of the little one in the background. How's she doing and have you had her out shooting yet?? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

What color is the red? Just red? The stock does not seem to be a regular "swirl" . Did you ask for something different or did it just come out that way?

BB,

Actually, it's orange. I wouldn't be caught dead w/a red stock!!!

And no, it's not a standard swirl. If my memory serves me correctly, it's 70% black and 30% orange.

ss7mm,

[ QUOTE ]
I see signs of the little one in the background. How's she doing and have you had her out shooting yet??

[/ QUOTE ]

She's doing great. I haven't had her out shooting just yet. It's been a bit on the cool side. Maybe this spring, when she's a little older /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif.

BJ,

Man that rifle really looks sweet now! Thanks for posting this for us. and yeah for kicks and grins spec it out for us again. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

The reason I asked about the color is it looked close to what I wanted but somehow it is showing up on my screen a little more red than the orange one they have on thier website. I suspect it is just a matter of all the computer chips the picture has been throough by the time I see it.

Any way, it looks very nice.

That's the baddest looking Savage that I have EVER seen!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif Congrats, and be sure to let us know if Kirby does a good job or not! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

The rifle is built on a Savage 110 pre accutrigger. It has a 30" 1-8" twist 3 groove Lilja HV contour bbl. The break is a Holland QD. The trigger is a Rifle Basix which Kirby tuned to a crisp 8 oz. It has a Near Mfg 20 MOA base bedded to the receiver w/a 8.5-25x50mm Leupold Mark 4 locked into a set of Mark 4 rings.

I already know Kirby does great work. This thing had no trouble busting milk jugs @ 950 yds w/the old stock on it and it wasn't worth a darn off of bags. Either this gun or Lerch's or both will have a 1500 yd pdog by March!!! Mark my words on that. Just have to wait till after the holidays and find a weekend when the weather will cooperate!!!

Just for kicks, here's the gun with the old stock.
http://longrangehunting.com/ubbthreads/s...part=1&amp;vc=1

Bill Bailey,
My question is, did you not have to glass bed the action to the stock and fit it all over? did you just drop it in?
Will it shoot as good as the one Kirby had fitted for you? Just things I need to know. Thanks in advanced.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.