264WM Load Data Thread

CaptnC

I just finished a search seen a number of threads dedicated to just one caliber but didn't find one on this fine cartridge.

Just finished building a 264WM and getting it ready for opening day of deer season (3 weeks away).

SOOOOO!

All the normal load warning apply, work up to any load listed in this thread!

What I'm looking to be included;

Barrel length
Twist
Powder
Bullet weight
Bullet manufacture
Brass manufacturer (thanks Gord0)
Best group size
Range loads tested at

What you got?

Last edited:
i had a custom 264WM put together last year. I tested 143 ELD-X with several powders; Retumbo, H1000, RL26, and H50BMG. I could never achieve the level of a combination of accuracy, low ES and velocity I was looking for. I'd get one of the three. I was about ready to pull the barrel and move toward a 6.5x284 then decided to try the berger 140VLD with H4831SC. Pure magic. Benchrest accuracy with respectable ES and velocity.

26" Benchmark 1:8 twist
Nosler Brass, annealed and sized for even 0.002 neck tension
Federal 215 Primer
Berger 140VLD seated 0.010 off
H4831SC, 59.5 grains, 3090 fps
3 shot groups go into one ragged hole at 200 yards. It's repeated this several times.

This load is about MAX in my gun. Getting light extractor marks at 60 grains. Running pretty high pressures for H4831SC but oh so sweet.

I just finished a search seen a number of threads dedicated to just one caliber but didn't find one on this fine cartridge.

Just finished building a 264WM and getting it ready for opening day of deer season (3 weeks away).

SOOOOO!

All the normal load warning apply, work up to any load listed in this thread!

What I'm looking to be included;

Barrel length
Twist
Powder
Bullet weight
Bullet manufacture
Best group size
Range loads tested at

What you got?
You may want to include brass manufacturer. That will make a big difference on load pressure.

Nosler Brass
Nosler 142gr ABLR
Rem mag primer
76 gr RL 33
3250 fps
Win Mod 70 26" 1-9"
groups at .5

This is about max in my rifle. I started seeing markings on the case head at 77gr

Ok. My turn.

This load is one grain short of max in my book.

Savage 110 LA factory non-accu trigger
H-1000
59.4gr
Velocity? No chronograph on that day. Should be just less than 3k
Hornady 129 SST
Hornady brass
CCI mag primer
ER Shaw 24" 1 in 9 barrel
2017-10-16 05.51.28.jpg

1-9 26" Win model 70 extreme weather
Nosler 210-212g brass
Winchester LR Magnum primer
140g Berger Hybrid
Norma 217
3,170fps SD8 per magnetospeed over 10 cold bore shots 0.5MOA validated drops to 1,400 yards.

Last edited:
My current load is this:
Rem 700, 26" 1:9 Wilson barrel
140 Berger hunting VLD, ".080 off the lands
64.5 gr RL26, Norma brass, Rem 9.5M primer
3075 fps, .5 MOA groups.
Very consistent, matches the Strelok data out to 1013, which is the farthest I've tested.

Feels like I could go higher on powder charge, but no real need to for my purposes.

Yeah Tony 3075 is plenty fast for a 6.5 bullet.

I need to try some bigger bullets...I feared the 1 in 9 would hurt me and not stabilize.

Yeah Tony 3075 is plenty fast for a 6.5 bullet.

I need to try some bigger bullets...I feared the 1 in 9 would hurt me and not stabilize.
Mine has had no problem stabilizing all the bullets I've tried so far, but I never shoot below 5000' so that helps a

Tagging in, just got a Krieger 1:7.5 twist that is getting spun up in .264 WM and put on a Ruger m77 mkii all weather, new stock should be here soon too, a budget boyds pro varmint with adjustable cheek.

Honestly I thought most people would be getting more velocity, I'm getting 3070 with a 140 Berger out of the little .260 AI using 49.1 gr of reloder 26, and it's well under my max....it is a 29" barrel, but still. I'm hoping to get 3100 with the 156 Berger when it becomes available. I think I may start out with reloder 33 or retumbo, may be the ticket to the speed I hope for.

Great info!!

Tagging in, just got a Krieger 1:7.5 twist that is getting spun up in .264 WM and put on a Ruger m77 mkii all weather, new stock should be here soon too, a budget boyds pro varmint with adjustable cheek.

Honestly I thought most people would be getting more velocity, I'm getting 3070 with a 140 Berger out of the little .260 AI using 49.1 gr of reloder 26, and it's well under my max....it is a 29" barrel, but still. I'm hoping to get 3100 with the 156 Berger when it becomes available. I think I may start out with reloder 33 or retumbo, may be the ticket to the speed I hope for.

Great info!!

I've gotten up to 3200 out of my 26", but found it was a little hard on Brass, and I got a bit better accuracy around 3100. It would be interesting to see what it would do with a 29" barrel though.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.