257WBY Mag vs Berger 115

Several friends, relatives and myself shoot the 115 VLDH in .257 Wby with great accuracy. Tried five other bullets, but the Berger's were superior. Excellent performance on game as well.

Several friends, relatives and myself shoot the 115 VLDH in .257 Wby with great accuracy. Tried five other bullets, but the Berger's were superior. Excellent performance on game as well.
What powder are you burning ? Just got back from testing the 120gr Speer SPBT Nosler lightest load is Sierra's max load. Anyhow my rifle showed ejector marks at 68grs of IMR 7828 SSC 3450 FPS ,best accuracy (MOA windy Nevada desert winds) was 66gr of same 3300 FPS .

What powder are you burning ? Just got back from testing the 120gr Speer SPBT Nosler lightest load is Sierra's max load. Anyhow my rifle showed ejector marks at 68grs of IMR 7828 SSC 3450 FPS ,best accuracy (MOA windy Nevada desert winds) was 66gr of same 3300 FPS .
With the heat here spring to fall and freezing where we hunt we are burning H1000 and a couple prefer RL26, both being temp stable. Email Berger for data for the 115 VLDH and the powder of your choice, they have always responded to my requests. Good luck

I've used the Berger 115 VLDs in my 257 WBY some, Hart barrel with a 10 twist.
They shoot very well in my rifle, although I switch bullets more than my wife changes her shoes. I just like shooting different bullets and seeing how they work on game.
I remember one deer in particular, a big doe, when I was meat hunting. She stepped out at about 150 yards (not much of a long shot). That Berger hit her with a smack that I could here over the echo of the muzzle blast. She just folded in her tracks. It was not a high shoulder shot, it hit a rib going in right behind the shoulder.
Gary

I'm using RL25 in my Model 56 Cooper. Federal 215M primers and Nosler brass.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts