257wby,100g TSX Vs.Coyote

coyotewallace

Here is a picture of a dog I took at about 250yrds last week with my coyote rig..bullet entered the right front sholder and the rest speaks for it's self(can you say "HEAVY" Red mist and chunks

coyotehuntbelsbys07008.jpg

I'm here to tell you they don't go anywhere when TSX's strike. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Those .25 cal/100 gr. TSX are bad-to-the-bone @ 3500fps +... I've shot a bunch of coyotes and a Whitetail or two with'em out of the .25-06AI. Needless to say... anything that bullet touches is not a happy critter! Nice shooting, I still need to get out that way and pound a couple dogs with you... may have to wait untill after the baby arrives in early July, but we'll git-r-done one of these days. ~JT

Just let me know when...just riding around in the mornings and not an everyday thing within 5 or 6 days I have shot 10 out the window and shot 4 in 1 morning.but I am seeing more in the area then I did before this wheelchair thing.guess these last 16 months gave them time to re-group....but anyway I have been sending the TSX's their way
far as I'm concerned the fps that we are sending the 100g TSX anything Deer size and smaller

Nope' I know it can be done cheaper but I like keeping my gun set up for year around and I don't mind spending a little extra to keep things that way...besides you can put a grapefruit in that hole /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gifand there is no looking for them, well except when they drop out of the scope

were not talking inches....were talking feet! Whats the word I can't think of it? One step above Red mist.

I know what you're saying... I love the "red chunks"! I've shot a couple dozen coyotes with that bullet... I love the way they leave dog clockwork for about 30' sprayed randomly about the ground. Fur Friendly?... Ahhh, NO. But what's a pelt worth these days? I can tell you it ain't worth my time... that's for sure.

I have been shooting the 100 grain Nosler B-Tip a lot lately. The velocity and ballistics are identical out to 600 yds, I haven't had to change my turret from the TSX load (that's the furthest I've shot it). Terminal performance is about the same, maybe even a little more messy... and I bought 100 of the "seconds" for $16 (that's about 1/4 the cost of the TSX). I shot one coyote about a week ago right in the face at 150 yds... one of his ears and a large chunk of skull landed about 45 feet away in right into Crab Creek!! ~JT

Oh man thats good reading. I'll be back on the 12th of june and then heading over to the east side for about 3 weeks so lets go shoot a few then.

I didn't know the TSX's opened up that hard.
Man that's some serious terminal effect.

I got a shot on a big male in a hayfield w/ my 25-06 and 100gr nos bt --> very humane let me tell you.
Good luck w/the coyote reduction hunt ! -Mike

ps- i usually wait until labor day to start shooting but spoke w/ some people who said please start asap.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts