257 Robert's

I may be wrong, but I'm thinking Norma has shifted their production capacity to military obligations since Sweden joined NATO. Powder, primers, brass, bullets, hunting ammo....it all seems pretty scarce....
Yeah I would think so also but I'm seeing their other caliber ammo pretty regularly locally. Not sure about on line

It's a great round, just trying to get mine to shoot. Not sure if the barrel is shot out yet.
6mm rem brass will work also , you might consider the 90 gr absolute hammer , it will work well in a 1-10 twist , you may be surprised with the accuracy of that bullet. The 257 Roberts is usually really accurate.

I have a 1928 Mexican Mauser 98 in 7x57. Sent it to Hart barrels and had a 257ai tube put on it along with action truing and lugs lapped. It shoots easily under .5 and a few groups .1 or less. Its a hard hitter with 75 gr HH. Also shoots awesome with 100 gr TSX. I have Jamison brass which is no longer available and will likely have to get Nosler brass when the time comes.

I have a 1928 Mexican Mauser 98 in 7x57. Sent it to Hart barrels and had a 257ai tube put on it along with action truing and lugs lapped. It shoots easily under .5 and a few groups .1 or less. It's a hard hitter with 75 gr HH. Also shoots awesome with 100 gr TSX. I have Jamison brass which is no longer available and will likely have to get Nosler brass when the time comes.
I have several of those , they are fine actions and make a great custom rifle . The medium length makes it perfect for up too 284 win length cartridges

Recent Posts