.257 Hornady 138 ATip

VLD Pilot

With the introduction of the 138 ATip, I'm kinda excited about next year's pronghorn hunt. Not that the 134 ELD, 133/135 Berger or 131 BJ bullets weren't adequate enough, it just shows how such little things excite shooters/hunters. How 4 grains of bullet weight can get me more excited than what's already available is beyond me but glad it does. Still trying to harvest one with the 134.

With the introduction of the 138 ATip, I'm kinda excited about next year's pronghorn hunt. Not that the 134 ELD, 133/135 Berger or 131 BJ bullets weren't adequate enough, it just shows how such little things excite shooters/hunters. How 4 grains of bullet weight can get me more excited than what's already available is beyond me but glad it does. Still trying to harvest one with the 134.
This statement is from a competitor who makes bullets similar to an A-Tip: "Tipped bullets' biggest advantage is uniform overall length." Like you, I appreciate that they exist.

I have all the bullets you noted, plus 145 Black Hole and 163 Chinchaga, but I will try the 138 A-Tips when I can get my hands on them. I already have A-Tips and Steel-Tipped bullets in other calibers.

Good luck on your hunt.

This statement is from a competitor who makes bullets similar to an A-Tip: "Tipped bullets' biggest advantage is uniform overall length." Like you, I appreciate that they exist.

I have all the bullets you noted, plus 145 Black Hole and 163 Chinchaga, but I will try the 138 A-Tips when I can get my hands on them. I already have A-Tips and Steel-Tipped bullets in other calibers.

Good luck on your hunt.
Are the 180's still in the works?