25 Creedmoor

milo-2

Is anyone running one of these with 135gr Berger's? I kind of got caught with my pants down as far as securing powder for it, all I really have on hand is RL16.
Any suggestions?

Re-16 is nearly perfect for the heavier .25 caliber bullets in the 25 Creedmoor.

You can also consider:

Hodgdon Hybrid 100V
Winchester 760
Ramshot Hunter

There is already a ton of data listed on the internet. A simple search will yield lots of data for the heavier bullets.

:)

Re-16 is nearly perfect for the heavier .25 caliber bullets in the 25 Creedmoor.

You can also consider:

Hodgdon Hybrid 100V
Winchester 760
Ramshot Hunter

There is already a ton of data listed on the internet. A simple search will yield lots of data for the heavier bullets.

:)
Your google-fu must be stronger than mine, lol. I looked a bit and my results were dim.
I guess I have a supply of N550 too.
Thanks

I'd start at 38 grains and go up. Rl 16 will be sweet. I run n550 and a 134 at 2970 fps
I started at 38.5gr RL16, was under 2600fps. Quit at 40.7gr, 2760 fps, 26" Benchmark. I thought it would be around -2900fps.
Alpha 25 creed brass. 205M. Not losing any pressure to case growth, it's minimal, both length and dia.

I think you either have an awfully slow barrel or something else going on not to have at least another 100fps on tap with RL16.

I ran N555 up to 2889 with 135 hybrid. ES/SD were in single digits. This is in a 26" barrel. Never could get decent groups, but found some nicks in crown. A friend has got it recrowned and hopefully I will be back in business in a couple weeks.

Last edited:
Oh wow that doesn't come close to the power factor.
My assumption as well. I think I had over 48 lbs of this lot#. In 6x47 Lapua, and everything else, Dashers, it is quite dynamic. It's been over 14 yrs since I had this brand of barrel, so unsure of the speedup gains.
I doubt I'll take it over 41,5grs