25 cal barrel just arrived. What would you build?

Justice1327

Got my 25 cal barrel in . Bartlein 5R
26", 1-9 to 1-8 tw, lite palma contour
I have a 25 CM, 25/308AI, 25/6.5 PRC, 25-06AI
What would you build?
I have short action, XM plus and long action. All in standard bolt face and magnum bolt face.
No Weatherby cartridges, please.

Attachments

• IMG_5929.jpeg
    IMG_5929.jpeg
    206.9 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:
25 Winchester super sort magnum peaks my interest.

We had a 25WSSM and really liked it. had it in a Model 70 Ultimate Shadow Camo 24" SS. The problem was it was made during the Labor Dispute at Winchester and Browning took over. Accuracy got worse with every shot and sent it to Browning. They would not fix it or send it back for Safety reasons.
Beside that really liked that Cartridge, just wanted to state why we don't have one anymore.
Originally got matching Model 70s. I got the .325WSM and Jill got the .25WSSM.
She wanted the 25WSSM for Deer size animals and I wanted it for LR Yote hunting. We took it to South Africa and Jill took several Games Plain Animals.
We are currently looking to build another 1/4 bore in maybe a 25 Souper or 25x284. The OP already has comparable Cartridges.

The 25WSSM sounds like a good fit for the OP with his already 25s.

I would look at a 25-7PRC. Probably just a simple neck down of the 7PRC. Then you get a real screamer:)

OP didn't specify preference of LA/SA...
I was gonna suggest .25-6.5 PRC for short action. Getting set to build a 7-6.5 myself (7mm supporter here).

Quarterbore has always interested me, but I'm not satisfied with the VLD bullet selection for long range target.

We had a 25WSSM and really liked it. had it in a Model 70 Ultimate Shadow Camo 24" SS. The problem was it was made during the Labor Dispute at Winchester and Browning took over. Accuracy got worse with every shot and sent it to Browning. They would not fix it or send it back for Safety reasons.
Beside that really liked that Cartridge, just wanted to state why we don't have one anymore.
Originally got matching Model 70s. I got the .325WSM and Jill got the .25WSSM.
She wanted the 25WSSM for Deer size animals and I wanted it for LR Yote hunting. We took it to South Africa and Jill took several Games Plain Animals.
We are currently looking to build another 1/4 bore in maybe a 25 Souper or 25x284. The OP already has comparable Cartridges.

The 25WSSM sounds like a good fit for the OP with his already 25s.
Brass is almost impossible to find, but I do like the idea of the 25/284. I also forgot about my 25/308 AI.