• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

245gr Berger Hybrids

cb4128

Looking for some 245gr Berger hybrid bullets - 30 cal.

I tried some Elite Hunters in my Norma and want to compare to the Hybrids if possible at distance.

Thanks!

maybe the way to go, wasn't impressed with the bullet to bullet consistency of the Elite Hunters vs even the 230gr Hybrids.

How far off are you guys running these and at what speeds?

3000 fps from a 30 Sherman Mag 32" barrel.
I'm jumping them far, Not exactly sure how far off hand but I'm mag feeding it.

Last year I was shooting them from a 32" 300 RUM at about the same speed but had to single feed.

Elite Hunters out of a 27" RUM.
2845 FPS with N570. CBTO 3.745" (AICS mag length). They are like jumping the Grand Canyon. Also shot well at 3.001" CBTO but didn't want to single feed. They have not been sensitive to jump in my rifle at all.

Tried them up kissing the lands and they were the same. No velocity increase, so went with the short and stubby to allow them to work in the mag box.

maybe the way to go, wasn't impressed with the bullet to bullet consistency of the Elite Hunters vs even the 230gr Hybrids.
Not sure what you are hunting but on LARGE game the 230s are pretty sporty! I've killed moose and elk with them. I have pics of what they did if you want to look, I can text. I played with the 245s but out of my 300 prc, I could not get enough velocity to be happy. Just got my 300RUM built and haven't played with them in it yet. Not to get off track but I have shot 20% gel with the 230s and 214 Hammer hunter at 500 yards so far the Hammer flew as good as the Berger out to 1300 yards and I felt like the Hammer (on the gel haven't shot meat yet), but on the gel was a little better than the 230. My test was this, Cow hide rug 7" gel for mussel 3/4 plywood for shoulder and another Gel turned long ways 230 starting doing what a Berger does on first gel put a big hole in the plywood and 2nd gel 8"deep and a heck of a wound channel and no Berger to be found but i could put 3 fingers in the hole, Hammer same deal (but stayed together a little better) 2nd gel over 14"+deep and pieces and petals everywhere. Berger 300prc, Hammer 300RUM + - 300 fps difference. Moose, elk or black bear 230s Grizzle or brown I'd would lean towards the Hammer. Just my 2 cents and didn't mean to get off your 245 question. Have a great weekend!

Thanks for all the feedback. I have the A tips and 230gr hybrids I could give a shot.

Shane, how far out distance have you shot your 245's in your RUM? I was running them at 2,802 fps while forming Improved brass - so I'm hoping for close to 3,000 fps with full loads.

I just didn't get the groups at distance I was hoping for with this setup yet and there's a big weight variance bullet to bullet.

Thanks for all the feedback. I have the A tips and 230gr hybrids I could give a shot.

Shane, how far out distance have you shot your 245's in your RUM? I was running them at 2,802 fps while forming Improved brass - so I'm hoping for close to 3,000 fps with full loads.

I just didn't get the groups at distance I was hoping for with this setup yet and there's a big weight variance bullet to bullet.
weight variance in A tips or Bergers?

Recent Posts