245 berger bullets

I've been wanting to try them out of my norma but my twist is 9.5 and they recommend 9. So far it's pushing the 215's upwards of 3200 without pressure so I should hopefully be able to keep the 245's in the 2950-3000 range
You running an improved or just a long *** barrel?!?! I have been doing load work on 26 inch barrels with norma improved case... Peterson brass and n570.. getting right at 3k and the accuracy is ridiculous honestly!! They do great on elk too... if you guys want high bc.. the atip will far better the Sierra bullet in performance in my opinion. But you pay for it with them..

Kasey

@gnbruce I dont think you can push that 245 fast enough but maybe im wrong. You can make up some.with speed but terminal performance is where it may hurt the most. I'd just spin up another barrel in a 9 twist in that cartridge and send it lol..

Oh and n570 and 245 bergers... 5 shots read an es of 4 over the chrono... 3 different range trips.. 20thou off lands

Kasey

You running an improved or just a long *** barrel?!?! I have been doing load work on 26 inch barrels with norma improved case... Peterson brass and n570.. getting right at 3k and the accuracy is ridiculous honestly!! They do great on elk too... if you guys want high bc.. the atip will far better the Sierra bullet in performance in my opinion. But you pay for it with them..

Kasey

just the standard Norma and a 27" barrel, just lucky I guess lol. I had the 215's at 3189fps and just started getting a stronger extractor mark but primer looked good, bolt wasn't sticky, no click. So doing a ladder today and I'm sure I'll be creating 3200 today as I stepped up some more in the ladder.

Man.. what barrel.... that seems crazy.. most I could get was like 2985 outta a 230 berger

defiance deviant action, hell's canyon armoury 27" barrel, Lapua brass, fed 215m, rl33 and 215 hybrids. I'm still in development for it, but when I went to pressure test I got to 3189 without enough pressure to stop. So I loaded up 2 ladders and be at the range in 30 mins to run both and try and find a node. So I'llpost my results

defiance deviant action, hell's canyon armoury 27" barrel, Lapua brass, fed 215m, rl33 and 215 hybrids. I'm still in development for it, but when I went to pressure test I got to 3189 without enough pressure to stop. So I loaded up 2 ladders and be at the range in 30 mins to run both and try and find a node. So I'llpost my results
Ahhhh that's why.. benchmark makes killer barrels

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.