22 creedmoor savage long range precision

I'm currently shooting 88 eldm's, 7 twist criterion barrel. Shoots extremely good but the 90 grain bergers were better but couldn't find so switched. I put 5 shots into one hole at 200 one time and won a 600 match with the bergers. 6.5 staball powder, 3140fps

Guys,
finally got my hands on some of the Hornady 22 Creedmoor 80 grain ELD-X factory ammo
26" Shilen 1:7 barrel
Numbers from Garmin Xero
40 shots fired at 200 yards
Best 5 shot group was little better than 1/2 Moa at .90 inches
Not overly impressed with the accuracy but actually not terrible
ES 41.7
SD 11.7
Avg velocity 3339.7
Waiting to try the 80 grain Eld-M when I can get some

The 88s will be marginally stable with an 8 twist. I like the 80 ELDM and 77 TMK. If you want a tougher bullet, there's the new 80 ELDX, and of course hammers are always great

I've got 4 22 Creedmoor's all 1/8 twist. In 3 of them I've had half moa or better with 75-90 gr bullets and very little load work. They are all customs. The newest is a factory rifle and it's struggling to get moa with anything. I've only shot handloads up to this rifle so I tried factory ammo from hornady and another and they are 1.5 moa in this rifle.

I've used Copper Creek's ammo quite a bit and my rifle shoots their 75gr and 88gr ELD-M's exceptionally well for me
It shoots their 80 Eld-M and Eld-X pretty good also
The 75 Grainers are absolute lasers at 3500 fps and very accurate at distance
My rifle is a home built special
TC Compass action
Shilen 26" 1:7 twist barrel
Oryx Chassis
Vortex Viper PST Gen II 3x15x44
Working on some hand loads with H4350
I don't hunt just shoot steels at my local long range
I hope to take it out to a mile with 88's at Clinton House Plantation in the next couple of months

26" 1:8 twist Ace Barrel
75gr ELDM
Win StaBall 6.5
Alpha 22 Creedmoor SP Brass
CCI 450

IMG_0481.jpg
IMG_0482.jpg

So far I have tried Alpha and Peterson brass
Both work excellent as expected
I have some Hornady brass now also and will try it soon