204 varmint rifle?

Savage might be ok.but trust me it will not shoot with a cooper.i know i have 8 of them.sure they cost more but you only get what you pay for.if you have the money for a cooper..sako..remington..you will not go wrong..buy what you like.good luck

Glass is also a huge component. You can only shoot as good as you can see. Pay for how well you can see not for how the gun looks. There are some really ugly guns out there that shoot really well.

RAM 38 I NEVER CLAIMED THAT SAVAGE IS THE END ALL BE ALL OF ACCURATE RIFLES I JUST SAID THAT FOR THE MONEY MINE SHOOTS VERY WELL. AND WHERE I COME FROM ITS NOT WHAT YOU SHOOT BUT HOW WELL YOU SHOOT IT. gun)

Am much pleased with my CZ in .204 - it's a great walking varminter. Have a 12x Leupold on it, and am looking forward to the warmer weather when our rockchucks will start popping out!

IMG_2856.jpg

Took a bit to get used to the set trigger, but now I like it. Mostly I shoot American made rifles. This CZ has been a real nice treat for me. Something different. Am quite satisfied with the little-bitty Mauser action, and the barrel seems pretty good too.

Regards, Guy

I personally love the looks of the Coopers, especially the Pheonix... But it is an unfortunate reality that some of us can't afford too many rifles like that. I personally probably could afford one rifle like that if I saved for a long time.

While I'm saving and waiting tho, I do like my Savages and Remingtons tho. My most accurate gun is my Savage 12LRPV in .22-250, with my Remington 700 .308 behind that. Still playing with my 7mmRemMag tho.

Be mature about this guys, no need to start fights lol.

Hey guys! Just had to chime in with my 2 cents! I own 2 .204's one is a CZ 527 Varmint and the other is a Cooper Model 21. Both shoot incredibly well. The Cooper is under .25" 5 shot group at 100 yards, and the CZ is a bit over .25" at 100 yards with a 5 shot group. Everytime I shoot the Cooper it makes me smile. Which is why i now own 3 Coopers haha. And it is definitely cheaper than a custom gun. Cooper cost about 1400, custom rifle was around 3000. I see both points of this topic, some say to just get a Cooper because it's worth the money (and it is), and others say because of the economy it is a bit tough to spend an extra $700. Once again, I agree with both sides here. However, the Cooper is somethin you can always cherish. And they aren't going to lose value either. Either way, Happy Shooting!

If a gas gun would suffice,, aD-TECH 1-9 twist 50gr berger will please even the fussist, shooter, sloan....

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.