200gr plus 300 Win Mag loads

$74/50 at Hammer Bullets
1000010319.jpg

What range do you plan as your practical limit?

I know a lot of folks seem to like the 215 Bergers, particularly over at LRO. Interestingly I was just in Alaska on a Caribou/Grizzly hunt. In base camp there were 4 guides, the owner (former guide) and the camp manager/cook/guide, 6 total. To a man they all said that they have seen more animals lost using Bergers than all other bullets combined. These guys guide Caribou, Bear, Goats, Sheep, Moose, Blacktail in Alaska and Elk, Mule Deer, Sheep etc in the lower 48 and have collectively been in on 1000s of kills. I report you decide.

Best all around 300WM is the 200gr Federal Terminal Ascent. The only problem is you can't find it in component form.

Edit - I do load the 215s for my 300PRC and use them at the range. The bullet is very accurate and easy to load for. I have not used them on game so I can not personally say one way or the other on the terminal effectiveness. I have used the 156 Berger out of a 6.5PRC on deer to great effect. For hunting in the 300PRC I have been using the 200gr CEB Lazer. Unless you have a custom throated 300WM this bullet would be too long to use in a 300WM.

Last edited:
What range do you plan as your practical limit?

I know a lot of folks seem to like the 215 Bergers, particularly over at LRO. Interestingly I was just in Alaska on a Caribou/Grizzly hunt. In base camp there were 4 guides, the owner (former guide) and the camp manager/cook/guide, 6 total. To a man they all said that they have seen more animals lost using Bergers than all other bullets combined. These guys guide Caribou, Bear, Goats, Sheep, Moose, Blacktail in Alaska and Elk, Mule Deer, Sheep etc in the lower 48 and have collectively been in on 1000s of kills. I report you decide.

Best all around 300WM is the 200gr Federal Terminal Ascent. The only problem is you can't find it in component form.
This year it's 300 yards. I plan to stretch it to atleast 500 on aoudad with this very rifle.